PDA

View Full Version : Rockfish off La Jolla

Knot Now
11-02-2009, 08:25 AM
I went rock fishing off of La Jolla and Mission Beach yesterday in Allen's Stringari.
It took until 1:00 to get Limits...we ended up with about 8 reds out of the group.

We had a visit from the San Diego Harbor Police at about 6 a.m. They said someone called about a suspicious boat. We off the end of the pier looking for Macs. They were not happy because as all our paper work was it order....LOL

There must be something about Allen's boat.....He went out on Saturday and was stopped by HLS, CG, DFG and the lady at the doc measuring fish.
The police rounded out his Check Slam for a 24 hr period.

Phil

Professor
11-02-2009, 08:20 PM
And I thought I had the come and inspect me sign on the side of the boat.

NoSlack
11-03-2009, 06:13 AM
You guys need to go orange. From a distance they must think I'm vessel Assist and never give me another look.

Phil
We need to take Jeff's advice and move off into deeper water for the better fishing.

Mike

DOGHOUSE26
11-03-2009, 09:54 AM
Phil,

Did they ask you of your citizenship in Spanish?

Knot Now
11-03-2009, 12:07 PM
Phil,

Did they ask you of your citizenship in Spanish?

no hablo espaņol

DOGHOUSE26
11-03-2009, 12:39 PM
Should have told them you were a Spaniard and you don't need any stinking visa!

yellowfin1
11-04-2009, 07:49 AM
Phil,

You did a little better than we did yesterday. We fished the S. 9 in 290-320' and did score 4 nice reds, 6 decent assorted rockfish including coppers, barber poles, and a starry, and 6 biggish sand dabs. Ok sand dabs don't get that big. The fog was real thick and the wind was blowing pretty good (10-12 knots). That in conjunction with the current made it difficult to stay on the rocks. If it were less windy we probably would have fished the deeper stuff. I think that I saw more fish in a wider area than I have ever seen previously (on the meter). Maybe the MLPA guys should do their research in that area. Tried some rocks south of middle ground for the lings but, no joy. Did manage a 4 lb calico on a mackerel at the South Island. Didn't get stopped by any law enforcement, HLS, or others on the way in. You guys must have looked suspicious.

Scott