PDA

View Full Version : Nov 15 cod & wind

NoSlack
11-15-2009, 03:14 PM
Had to work for them today. More wind than I like and not much biting on some of my go to spots. Did manage 9 fish by noon before heading in to catch the Charger game.

Mike

Time Out
11-15-2009, 07:37 PM
Great to see you today
Jeff and I hung out until 2 managed 10 reds and a mix of mic fish

Nice ride in

Russ

NoSlack
11-15-2009, 09:06 PM
I had a nice angle going back to SD, only got my face wet a couple of times.

I don't know how you guys stayed on that spot with out backing down into the wind. When I went by it looked like you were fly lining bait not fishing the bottom.

Mike

Time Out
11-16-2009, 08:04 AM
Mike we used 12 oz sinkers the drift was fast but it worked well we hit the bottom at the edege of the drop in 360 feet the fish were around 450 we got hooked up almost every time, we picked 10 reds and one ling 28" we let him go. the reds are nice 3 to 4 lbs.

I took spray two or three times myself, I went in slow 12kt really a nice day for that much wind. Lucky it changed directions not one bite until it did.

Russ

DOGHOUSE26
11-16-2009, 11:25 AM
I sure had a great time, using 2 hook rigs we each had only one double, mine was grouper/red but Russ saved the best for the last drop; 2 nice 4-5# reds. Actually we were using 20 oz. torpedos and none of the reds were less than 3.5# & they had bait size squid inside. A few 2-4# groupers mixed in but that spot was consistant every drop. We caught nothing on the 2 western bumps where we started in the AM. With Russ taking the Time Out back to the barn @ 12nts, I had the pleasure of relaxing in the V Berth for the bumpy ride home which game me a chance to leave a nice drool spot on the other side of the pillow to match the one already there.:eek:

Professor
11-16-2009, 08:35 PM
Jeff,

I don't want to know about the drool spots. Please keep the fish reports limited to day, time, species, number and location. Thats all!

Sounds like winter fishing is here. Sebates beware!

DOGHOUSE26
11-16-2009, 09:00 PM
OK Yale!

Speaking of fish reports where's our on-the-spot Cedros report?

Russ and I talked to Dan on the To The Limit today, he's hiding behind Cedros trying to make his way home into 20-30 knot headwinds, only making about 50nm/day.