PDA

View Full Version : New members signed up

NoSlack
11-24-2009, 07:26 PM
Charlie and I worked out the problems I was having with my newly acquired admin duties.

First order of business was to sign up Tony P and Tony S. I hope they will jump right in, introduce their self and fill us in on the boats they own.

Welcome to the club and I apologize for the delay.

Mike

NoSlack
12-04-2009, 05:36 PM
Signed up Eric on the REEL NASTY today. He picked up his 26' in September.

Welcome to the club Eric.

Mike

DOGHOUSE26
12-04-2009, 08:54 PM
I've heard rumors that some Captains name their boats after their wife. If it's true I predict a larger attendence at the next BOCA picnic!

Welcome to the Club I had to break you in early!

Malu Lani
12-05-2009, 12:56 PM
I was told he was going to change the name but after thinking about it he likes it Reel Nasty.

welcome to the club?

REEL NASTY
12-08-2009, 05:17 PM
I'm the new guy,
My name is Eric Sabo, I grew up in Oceanside. Iv'e been fishing off shore for as long as I can remember. I caught my first Tuna at about 10 and have been hooked since then. I first stated fishing on Blackmans in the early 80s with a family friend Wes Price. Wes is on his third Blackman The REEL Adventure 37' Slipped at the Coral. It's took me about ten years and three boats to work up to a Blackman But I'm finally in one. I picked the boat up in Sept and just did my first 100 hr service. The hours add up quick when you can go where ever the fish are. In my old Grady it would take all summer to put 100 hrs on it. The Reel Nasty is a 1987 Billfisher with 1700 or waite 1800 hrs. She's been running strong and aside from some minor electric issues it's been sweet. I look foreward to fishing with you all.
Oh and about the rumor of naming your boat after your wife, well if it was true I would still be with her.

Eric

Freespool
12-08-2009, 06:17 PM
Welcome to the site. What area of Oceanside did you grow up in? I also grew up there (Fire Mountain) around the same time. Also are you a member of the OAC?

hijole
12-09-2009, 07:31 AM
Welcome and no her name is not Hijole!

REEL NASTY
12-09-2009, 08:28 AM
South Oceanside, Do you know Ron Goodin or Jamie Stone ? I know they lived in Fire mtn. Also I used to work for a guy name Joe White who also lived in Fire mtn. Not a member of OAC.

Freespool
12-09-2009, 10:28 AM
South Oceanside, Do you know Ron Goodin or Jamie Stone ? I know they lived in Fire mtn. Also I used to work for a guy name Joe White who also lived in Fire mtn. Not a member of OAC.

Small world. I went to school with Jamie and his sister Lori. I am knot sure about the others. I had a neighbor named Ron but never knew his last name and Joe’s name does not sound familiar.

REEL NASTY
12-09-2009, 12:30 PM
So you were a Wildcat, not a Pirate. Did you ever hang out at Buccaneer ?We probably know each other.

Freespool
12-09-2009, 01:03 PM
Yep I was a Wildcat. I did not hang out at Buccaneer too much but I knew most of the guys/girls that did. We probably have met, it sounds like we ran around in the same circles.