PDA

View Full Version : Rockfishing Nov 29 (I stole a kill rockrish spot.)

Knot Now
11-29-2009, 09:22 PM
We went out today for a little more rockfishing.
I took my friend Allen out to the Nine to look for Reds. We left late, after talking to Russ at the dock. On our way to the nine there was someone fishing an area I had never tried and I marked it (him).

We fished our usual spots for very little, started home at 3. We tried the new area and found a spot that looked good. We rounded out our cooler with 7 reds in less than 30 minutes, all over 3 lbs. First drop I got a double, one 5 lbs and one 4 lbs. I now have a new area of the ocean to look for Rockfish.

Time Out
11-30-2009, 06:35 AM
We will have to talk about that new spot Phil. Did the wind come up in the afternoon?

Russ

DOGHOUSE26
11-30-2009, 07:31 AM
Cheater!:o

I've never done that.;)

NoSlack
11-30-2009, 07:40 AM
Get that man a parot and a eye patch.

New club rule: all poached spot are to be shared on the members only area

Mike

http://www.imajlar.com/free_clipart/pirate_clipart/pirate_clipart_flag.gif

Knot Now
11-30-2009, 08:30 AM
We will have to talk about that new spot Phil. Did the wind come up in the afternoon?

Russ

The wind did come up...about half way to the nine.:eek:
We were fishing 2lb and if you got even one sand dab on you could not hold the bottom. I almost broke out the 3 lb weights.

BTW: it was a grey Radon (I think) lobster boat (with a crane) that was fishing this area, so if you know him say thanks for me. LOL

Knot Now
11-30-2009, 10:23 AM
Get that man a parot and a eye patch.

New club rule: all poached spot are to be shared on the members only area

Mike

http://www.imajlar.com/free_clipart/pirate_clipart/pirate_clipart_flag.gif

I would be glad to share the spot, but I will need several weeks to confirm that its a GOOD spot and not just a fluke.
I should be ready to share by Christmas. (Hint) That should give you about 1 week to check it out.

Libre
11-30-2009, 03:02 PM
You know what some say...Don't hate the player, hate the game. Nice recon! You might see me following you out again. By the way, how was it getting out of the MB channel Sunday? Did you guys hear about the 29' defiance that capsized on Saturday during the tourney? I was supposed to take my boat back to SD Bay Sunday, but I was still spooked. Decided to wait.

http://www.bloodydecks.com/forums/inshore-islands-fishing-reports-southern-california-usa/169783-may-save-your-life-real-story-about-defiance-capsizing.html

Tony

NoSlack
11-30-2009, 05:15 PM
I watched his video clip and read his account of the accident. I like the fact he maned up and took full responsibility and then gave his take on a few lessons learned.

There is a lot more responsibility to being the man behind the wheel than most of us think about.

Mike

DOGHOUSE26
11-30-2009, 10:17 PM
I don't know if I could ever shut the pilothouse door again after something like that.

Time Out
12-01-2009, 06:59 AM
I just read that report, I never liked the auto inflate devices, If you need it deployed do it yourself, the only time you would need an auto inflate is when you are unconscious I'll take that chance. It's never one thing that causes this kind of accident Glad to hear everyone survived.

Jeff if you look in the background of his his first picture I thinks that's you boat?

Russ

DOGHOUSE26
12-01-2009, 07:28 AM
Nope, Mike and I bailed when I read the swell heights and La Jolla Wind speed @ 4AM; it might have been Tony the new guy on Libre.

Time Out
12-01-2009, 10:14 AM
I don't think that picture was taken on the day of the accident (Dweeb)

Russ:p :p :p :p :p

Knot Now
12-01-2009, 11:02 AM
I guess I am just stupid.

I did not think Friday or Sunday were that bad....I have been out when it was bigger, but that was a mistake I do not want to repeat.:eek: I love my boat.

I did not even want to try on Saturday...Forcast was way to bad.

I am very thank full that everyone on the "Standford & Son" came out OK.
I think I learned a little from this.

Phil

Knot Now
12-01-2009, 11:07 AM
Jeff if you look in the background of his his first picture I thinks that's your boat?

Russ

I also think that's Doghouse by the bait bag and no radar on top....
Phil

DOGHOUSE26
12-01-2009, 11:58 AM
I don't think that picture was taken on the day of the accident (Dweeb)

Russ:p :p :p :p :p

No Dude I guess not. After closer inspection it appears to be your 6 pack buddy slipped close to the dock ramp; the fag with 2 bags on the stern.

(Note: This is not the opinion of this club or website and is not the policy of the webmaster and no specific endorsement is given nor applied.)

hijole
12-01-2009, 09:38 PM
If you want to know where the secret spots are it should be mandatory for everyone to fish the Southwestern Bottom Fish tournament in March.
Everyone will be on the spot(s).
I remember listening to Doghouse "crap" on the weighmaster several years ago when they changed the rules on boccacio.
I was really laughing (behind him).

DOGHOUSE26
12-01-2009, 10:26 PM
Actually mi hermano the tourney is generally the last weekend in April, and it's a great time! They have always been a little inconsistant with their rules and fish IDs; but the fish dinner at the end of the day is outstanding.

Time Out
12-02-2009, 06:18 AM
I love how a simple fish report by Phil can turn into something completely different. Casting disparity on a mans personal sexual chooses is kind of rough Jeff. Second I hardly know the man one or two dates does not make him my friend.

Russ

Libre
12-02-2009, 10:17 AM
Actually mi hermano the tourney is generally the last weekend in April, and it's a great time! They have always been a little inconsistant with their rules and fish IDs; but the fish dinner at the end of the day is outstanding.

I love that tournament! The entry fee is worth it just for the dinner. I'm taking my boat back to SD Bay this afternoon. Waves are 2 feet and winds forecasted at 11 knots. I think I can handle that!

Tony

DOGHOUSE26
12-02-2009, 11:50 AM
I love how a simple fish report by Phil can turn into something completely different. Casting disparity on a mans personal sexual chooses is kind of rough Jeff. Second I hardly know the man one or two dates does not make him my friend.

Russ

A+

Now that I have re-composed myself after 6 hours of laughter I didn't mean to use that term in a sexual way; every guy who's owned that particular boat has been just plain weird. Not that I care what goes on behind closed doors but did you learn anything new on your "dates" you can share with us? I've noticed Marc wearing his Pirate clothes more often when he's on the dock and is he calling you or Jon Cabin Boy?

Time Out
12-02-2009, 09:34 PM
Apology accepted now lets just move on

Russ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

And leave Marc out of this he has feeling too you know