PDA

View Full Version : Your Marina or Boat Storage

Libre
12-07-2009, 03:18 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm new here and curious where everyone keeps their boats. I'm at Harbor Island West Marina. I know of two other Blackmans in my Marina. The Riley (which everyone knows is Yale's ride) and Fish Machine. Fish Machine is a 26' Express owned by Steve who is handicapped.

Tony

DOGHOUSE26
12-07-2009, 03:25 PM
The DOGHOUSE is at Marina Village J Dock, Mission Bay

Malu Lani
12-07-2009, 03:51 PM
Marina village J dock

Knot Now
12-07-2009, 04:38 PM
The Knot Now (Billfisher) is at Marina Village J Dock, Mission Bay
Between Timeout (Billfisher) and Phil's Fire Escape (26' Outerbanks), not too far down the dock from Nomad (Bill Fisher)

There are several 4-5 more on J Dock.

Phil

Libre
12-07-2009, 04:40 PM
Wait a minute here. Am I missing something? What's with all you guys at the MV J Dock?

DOGHOUSE26
12-07-2009, 04:52 PM
Knot now, fire Escape and especially Nomad are J Dock parts boats, we prefer 1997 and newer replacement parts.:rolleyes:

Libre
12-07-2009, 05:01 PM
Knot now, fire Escape and especially Nomad are J Dock parts boats, we prefer 1997 and newer replacement parts.:rolleyes:

Funny!!!

The Knot Now (Billfisher) is at Marina Village J Dock, Mission Bay
Between Timeout (Billfisher) and Phil's Fire Escape (26' Outerbanks), not too far down the dock from Nomad (Bill Fisher)

Thanks for noting what make the boats are Phil. I forgot to ask. I take it you guys like the Marina?

Tony

Malu Lani
12-07-2009, 06:13 PM
I like the marina But you have to grease the security guy to keep someones hands off your boat.There is about five open slips on J dock right now.

NoSlack
12-07-2009, 07:09 PM
I represent the low budget end of the club so I keep my 23' Billfisher on a trailer at the house.

Mike

hijole
12-08-2009, 08:05 AM
I left the docks there because plastic female bodies were left on my boat. And the ladies next to me began getting friendly.

Laura Mei
12-08-2009, 10:54 AM
The Laura Mei is in Alamitos Bay in Long Beach near West Marine.

Wa Mei
12-08-2009, 11:59 AM
My Skippy 262 "Wa Mei" sits on trailer at Sunset Aquatic. However,
she will be in the water from April thru September this coming year.

Time Out
12-08-2009, 02:04 PM
Tony

J dock is maybe 100 yards from the bait dock, Marina Village its a great Marina. Most of us belong to the Mission Bay Marlin club, we have seminars and dinners all year round plus you get a discount on your fuel at Dana Landing all for 120.00 a year. Are you thinking about moving?

Russ

Libre
12-08-2009, 02:57 PM
J dock is maybe 100 yards from the bait dock, Marina Village its a great Marina. Most of us belong to the Mission Bay Marlin club, we have seminars and dinners all year round plus you get a discount on your fuel at Dana Landing all for 120.00 a year. Are you thinking about moving?

Yeah I have considered moving from SD Bay to MB. Especially for the winter. I tend to fish up North more during the winter months. I'm familiar with the Marina and that area.

Problem is I really like my Marina. Nice docks, spacious, Deli for food and misc items. I checked out the Dana Hotel and Marina last month and stayed there for a week, but the docks are shit. I almost fell off a couple of times! And I didn't really like sharing a slip. Too bad because Ted (Dock Master) is a great guy. I don't know, tough call for me for some reason. I have 4 kids so I spend a lot of time down at the Marina to get the hell away from them. Hahaha...Actually another reason why I like where I'm at. Cement docks are nice for the kids. We hang out quite a bit there at the slip. BBQ on the boat, fish from the docks, etc.

Also, I have been considering joining a club, but it hasn't been a priority. Every year at Fred Hall I go and check them out. I'm Kind of a loner fisherman. I have been fishing for many years. I mostly fish with my dad, my son, or alone. I have a tight group of friends who have their own boats too and fish with them. My favorite is with my son. He's 14 and we kill'd it this summer! We make a good team.

Let me know when you guys are going to be around the J dock and I will come and say hi. Plus I would love to check out everyone's boats!

Tony

Freespool
12-08-2009, 07:52 PM
I’m with Mike I keep my Billfisher at my house but hope to get it in a slip before summer of next year.

Mac Attack
12-22-2009, 07:23 PM
I am in Marina Del Rey, where the slip fees are high and the fishing plain stinks.

Mike

Patron