PDA

View Full Version : Great start for 2010

Time Out
01-04-2010, 10:59 AM
Marc and I fished the lower 9 Friday, A nice trip fishing was slow all the grouper you can catch,Big ones too. We managed 6 large reds and 4 7to 8 pound S. grouper. Back in the dock by 4pm. This is when it goes South for us.

I filled out the correct paper work for our fish and game buddies.
We had our new 2010 lic for mexico and US. We washed the boat put some ice on the fish and headed over to Dan and Ann house for dinner. ( To the Limit) We returned to the boat late Friday night. Spent the night on the boat,Early Saturday morning I emptied the trach can on the boat (throwing away the disclosure paper. I pulled out of our slip went outside the first break water cleaned the fish and returned to the slip. Fish and game closed in on us like on a cops show four trucks (one pulled into the parking lot so fast he lost control of his truck went up the curb and took out the fire hydrant.

They desended on us like we had just robbed a bank. They searched the boat all they found were the 10 cleaned fish.

Well that was to much for them to deal with they questioned us for two hours. They new we fished all night and had just come in that morning. Nothing we told them mattered. Finaly they argeed on our violations

1. Cleaning of any fish cought in Mexico is not leagal you must be on land not you dock or your boat.

Yes I asked him why every San Diego sport fishing boat was allowed to clean fish for the passanges- His answer was no San Diego Baot ever cleaned mexian fish. WOW what an AH

2. We did not have in our possection the decralation Paperwork in the trach can did not count.

3. A one inch patch of skin is no longer allowed it must be all the skin

Moral to the story- they are out to get us this year Look Out

Russ

NoSlack
01-04-2010, 11:42 AM
That's a tough way to start the year. I've given up on cleaning rockfish(US or Mexican) on the water. I don't like having a bucket of fish heads in the freeze until trash day but it beats what you guys went through.

As far as paperwork goes, I keep the last one in the folder until I fill out a new one for the next trip.

Mike

Time Out
01-04-2010, 11:52 AM
Mike according to this J.A. you must keep the paper work with the fish including at home in you freezer. So freeze the sheet of paper to the fish

He also gave me the in your posssession crap, he can come to your home without a warrent if you have more than one limit he will arrest you on the spot.

So dont clean your mexican Fish until you get home Keep your paper work until you die.

Remmber everyone the skin has to be on the whole fish if its a US fish

Russ

NoSlack
01-04-2010, 12:27 PM
Let's take this one step farther. When I give fish away, do I need to provide a copy of my paper work and does the person that now has possesion need a licence?

I do the best I can to follow the law on the water but this cradle to grave BS sounds more like I'm handling hazardous waste than enjoying a relaxing day with family and friends.

Mike

Wa Mei
01-04-2010, 01:38 PM
Wow...sorry to hear. So you are being fined by DFG for fish you caught
in Mexico; I hope the the money you paid for the fine atleast stays in the US...

Funny how paranoid I get when returning to SI after a trip to Mexico. I don't
take people I don't know well on such trips...

Marc and I fished the lower 9 Friday, A nice trip fishing was slow all the grouper you can catch,Big ones too. We managed 6 large reds and 4 7to 8 pound S. grouper. Back in the dock by 4pm. This is when it goes South for us.

I filled out the correct paper work for our fish and game buddies.
We had our new 2010 lic for mexico and US. We washed the boat put some ice on the fish and headed over to Dan and Ann house for dinner. ( To the Limit) We returned to the boat late Friday night. Spent the night on the boat,Early Saturday morning I emptied the trach can on the boat (throwing away the disclosure paper. I pulled out of our slip went outside the first break water cleaned the fish and returned to the slip. Fish and game closed in on us like on a cops show four trucks (one pulled into the parking lot so fast he lost control of his truck went up the curb and took out the fire hydrant.

They desended on us like we had just robbed a bank. They searched the boat all they found were the 10 cleaned fish.

Well that was to much for them to deal with they questioned us for two hours. They new we fished all night and had just come in that morning. Nothing we told them mattered. Finaly they argeed on our violations

1. Cleaning of any fish cought in Mexico is not leagal you must be on land not you dock or your boat.

Yes I asked him why every San Diego sport fishing boat was allowed to clean fish for the passanges- His answer was no San Diego Baot ever cleaned mexian fish. WOW what an AH

2. We did not have in our possection the decralation Paperwork in the trach can did not count.

3. A one inch patch of skin is no longer allowed it must be all the skin

Moral to the story- they are out to get us this year Look Out

Russ

DOGHOUSE26
01-04-2010, 01:53 PM
Thank God they revoked the law making you wear your fishing license outside the upper half of your body January 1st otherwise you and Mr. Mark would probably have Bubba drool on the lower half of you body after a weekend pass to the funhouse !

I just take them home and clean them; after that how can they tell if you caught it or bought it? You have to be careful around the water and I believe you can clean them in the slip if your boat is secured to the dock.

Time Out
01-04-2010, 02:04 PM
I would agree with you Jeff however this JA made it very clear not on the dock not standing over water you must be on ground

I sware to God Jeff he said that

And yes Mike we asked the same Question what if I give the fish away the person you give it to must have the paperwork including a copy of your fishing lic.

Give me a F break

Russ

Knot Now
01-04-2010, 02:10 PM
Questions. LOL

1. How much skin do I need to leave on the fish heads?

2. If I give the heads away, do I need to include paper work?

3. Do I keep the paper work with the fillets or the heads when I take them down to the Mission Bay trash?

Just kidding, sorry to hear about the problem, also sorry I was not there to see the cluster XXXX.

I told you about the harbor police driving up from IB to check us out in La Jolla. They were not very happy either. LOL

Freespool
01-04-2010, 05:58 PM
Man that sucks. I was told by DFG about leaving all the skin on the fillet last year, they said it went in to affect 1/1/09. You might want to ask the judge when you appear why does the book say to leave all the skin on the fillet when cleaned at sea, but this JA says it is only legal to fillet on land? In a non-smartass way of course.

P.S. Be careful how you dispose of the carcasses. A friend of mine got a $500 fine about 3 years ago for throwing them away. That brings up another question what is legal for disposing of the fish remains?

Pat

Libre
01-05-2010, 08:59 AM
Wow...That's crazy and harsh! They came to your slip? Hit a fire hydrant? WTF!!! Where is your boat slipped?

Al Gagnon
01-05-2010, 06:17 PM
I keep posting that the government is not for the people. We are seeing things changing so fast that we can't keep track of what is the new law. It is not going to get better. The good people will continue to get treated like crooks and the crooks will continue to get away with breaking the law. Crooks have nothing to lose. No house, no job, no boat, etc. Man do I have a bad attitude. A relative said we should go on strike and not go fishing or buy a license for 6 months. When they lose their income, maybe they will be more resonable. What next?

Professor
01-05-2010, 10:38 PM
What next?

I don't even want to ponder that question. I know I won't like the answer.

Time Out
01-06-2010, 09:26 AM
Marina Village J Dock

DFG was set up to conserve resources to insure that future generations would have fish to catch. They use to run public forms asking the public how they felt this could be done. The add would show a father and son fishing. With a banner (help Keep a tradition going)

The new DFG has a completely different agenda- (Stop Fishing completely)

Make it so hard to follow the ever changing rules that people will just stop.

The worst thing we can do is stop. Keep fishing try to keep up with the insanity. Forms like this one help, we need to start posting updates so we all know the new laws. I never heard about the whole skin, My fault I should have read the law. not cleaning fish cought in Mex. I never heard of that one.

If you know of a new law post it, closed areas, when rock fish is open it will help us all to keep up.

Anyway we cant beat them we just make it hard on them

Russ

Freespool
01-06-2010, 11:01 AM
I thought DFG's strategy was to sit back and do nothing until a speicies is almost extinct and then close it completly. Then tell us how badd we are for letting this happen and then ask for more money so they can control us.