PDA

View Full Version : Bottom Paint for new boat

Wa Mei
01-13-2010, 11:23 AM
One of my brother like my slip so much, he's going to put his 27' Mackinaw
right next to mine.

It's a newer boat and doesn't have bottom paint. Can you guys recommend me a shop or 2 to call to have it barrier coated with the hard bottom paint applied.

Thank you for the help guys!

Honeygirl
01-13-2010, 11:48 AM
If it were me I wouldn't bottom paint it. You loss alot of speed up to 2 knotts and is very expensive. I would buy a good liner and keep it clean. My next boat will not have bottom paint and will be to big to trailer.

The first year I owned my boat we had black man do it 600 bucks plus 175 for the out drive. I have done it once my self since then. Any paint you buy at west marine will be of low quality. Blackman gets there pain from a place where you have to have a commercial licence to buy it. I have a buddy with a commercial licence buy mine for me. Most guys I know take there to Mexico to get the bottom painted. half the price and way better paint. No enviro freaks on that side of the boarder. Joe

Wa Mei
01-13-2010, 12:04 PM
Thanks Joe. I will also contact the bottom liner to check them out.
Sunset Aquatic require a maintenance and removal contract if I we
go the bottom liner route.

Hey, your inbox is full. I loaded the freezer with fresh frozen while
hoopnetting on the front side by the old quary. Did not have to fight
off the dogs like the back side. I got a feeling it's going to be a good
season for them croakers!!!

If it were me I wouldn't bottom paint it. You loss alot of speed up to 2 knotts and is very expensive. I would buy a good liner and keep it clean. My next boat will not have bottom paint and will be to big to trailer.

The first year I owned my boat we had black man do it 600 bucks plus 175 for the out drive. I have done it once my self since then. Any paint you buy at west marine will be of low quality. Blackman gets there pain from a place where you have to have a commercial licence to buy it. I have a buddy with a commercial licence buy mine for me. Most guys I know take there to Mexico to get the bottom painted. half the price and way better paint. No enviro freaks on that side of the boarder. Joe