PDA

View Full Version : New guys

NoSlack
04-21-2010, 08:33 PM
Just signed up 3 new members. Sorry for the delay guys. The bocaboard@cox.net email has been hanging up in the web mail server and not making it to the house for the past month. Looks like I got that fixed tonight.

Allan will go buy Flätsix on the board and he has recently purchased a Blackman. Allan, how do you make those dots over the a? I had a tough time with that name. I had to cut and paste it from your email to make it work.

Joe will go by Boo5150. Some of you may know him from J dock. He has a Parker and is looking for a Blackman.

Jay will go buy Jay. He bought the Secret Spot, a 23' Billfisher a couple months ago.

Mike

Honeygirl
04-21-2010, 10:04 PM
Now lets see if they know how to fish!!!!

DOGHOUSE26
04-22-2010, 08:54 AM
Forget fishing, I'm still waiting for Reel Nasty to bring his ex to the picnic!:D

NoSlack
04-22-2010, 06:43 PM
Sucked another one into the club. I met Marc a couple weeks ago on the water in Mission Bay. He has a beautiful green hull 23' pilot house. He will go by Endless Summer on the board.

Mike

Zarco
04-22-2010, 08:46 PM
most of us new guys suck at fishing.:rolleyes:

Endless Summer
04-22-2010, 08:48 PM
I made it on. Looking forward to being part of the club.

Thanks Mike

Laura Mei
04-22-2010, 09:47 PM
Welcome Mike!

Endless Summer
04-23-2010, 10:16 AM
Welcome Mike!

Thanks for the welcome,

Marc

Libre
04-23-2010, 10:26 AM
Welcome guys! I'm still new too, but I think you will really like it here. So go fishing and get us some dope! No fish reports are just as important.

Tony

Al Gagnon
04-23-2010, 10:50 AM
The pictures of Blackman boats are making me jealous. I might take a picture of mine one of these days. Did some recent modifications. Looks more like a pleasure boat now instead of the commercial boat, it used to be.

Hamachi Girl
04-23-2010, 11:17 AM
Allan will go buy Flätsix on the board and he has recently purchased a Blackman. Allan, how do you make those dots over the a? I had a tough time with that name. I had to cut and paste it from your email to make it work.

Mike

Mike,

Thank you for the signup.

The umlauts over the a are alt + 0228. The handle is a carry over from years of car/racing forums.

So after frustrating months of looking at boats all over Southern California, from Port Hueneme to Perris I finally happened into my "dream boat" in Pt. Loma.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v434/bocce_me/Blackman%20Albacore%20Special/IMG_2279.jpg

She is an '81 Albacore Special with two previous local owners. She had been sitting for a year with a 5.0 SBC that had let go in a spectacular way. Aside from the holes in the oilpan the boat is in very nice shape, you would have no idea she is 30 years old. It's in better shape then all the 2001-2002 Clorox bottles I had been looking at. All of you will agree, Don built these things strong. It just goes to show you what if you have a quality product and you take care of it, it will be the last boat you ever buy.

So the boat's current state is the old engine was removed and a running 5.7 Vortec with 4-bolt mains sourced, taken down to the shotblock for inspection, and gaskets replaced. I'll finish up swaping over all the gingerbread this weeked and installing the engine next week. Fingers crossed, sea-trials before next weekend.

After sea-trails, I'll run a buffer over the hull and make a decision on a name.

regards,

Allan

Wa Mei
04-23-2010, 11:23 AM
Mike, would you happened to be an Rennlist member also?
Welcome to BOCA!

Mike,

Thank you for the signup.

The umlauts over the a are alt + 0228. The handle is a carry over from years of car/racing forums.

So after frustrating months of looking at boats all over Southern California, from Port Hueneme to Perris I finally happened into my "dream boat" in Pt. Loma.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v434/bocce_me/Blackman%20Albacore%20Special/IMG_2279.jpg

She is an '81 Albacore Special with two previous local owners. She had been sitting for a year with a 5.0 SBC that had let go in a spectacular way. Aside from the holes in the oilpan the boat is in very nice shape, you would have no idea she is 30 years old. It's in better shape then all the 2001-2002 Clorox bottles I had been looking at. All of you will agree, Don built these things strong. It just goes to show you what if you have a quality product and you take care of it, it will be the last boat you ever buy.

So the boat's current state is the old engine was removed and a running 5.7 Vortec with 4-bolt mains sourced, taken down to the shotblock for inspection, and gaskets replaced. I'll finish up swaping over all the gingerbread this weeked and installing the engine next week. Fingers crossed, sea-trials before next weekend.

After sea-trails, I'll run a buffer over the hull and make a decision on a name.

regards,

Allan

Zarco
04-23-2010, 11:52 AM
hey, im a member of P.E.T.A. too!

Hamachi Girl
04-23-2010, 01:11 PM
hey, im a member of P.E.T.A. too!

So is Al, he's my Portagee cousin!

Mike, would you happened to be an Rennlist member also?
Welcome to BOCA!

Rennlist and Early S Reg when I had my aircooled cars. Now you can usually fine me on Corner-Carvers with my 64' Falcon project and my waterpumper Porsche.

BTW: Kinda another funny aspect of this whole deal. My brother Mark use to work for Blackman when this boat was built. So if anything goes wrong with it...HIS FAULT!!!!

I think Bob Davis Redeemed has the boat I grew up on. It was cuddy cabin back in 74' and had the living snot fished outta it. As soon as my dad came back from a tuna trip we were out the next day fishing Monday through Friday till he had to make another trip. Lots of good memories of back then. Then a number of years after selling the boat my brother bought it back, decks and cuddy cabin rotted to the point where it was falling apart. Steve molded a CC replacement deck and it was fished a few more times then sold. I think I'm still wet from coming back from the 302 in that thing. The spray would come right over the deck and pour straight down the back of your neck.

Wa Mei
04-23-2010, 01:32 PM
2 kids later, It was either my 996 & 993 C4S or the boat...
I sure miss those cars...

So is Al, he's my Portagee cousin!

Rennlist and Early S Reg when I had my aircooled cars. Now you can usually fine me on Corner-Carvers with my 64' Falcon project and my waterpumper Porsche.

BTW: Kinda another funny aspect of this whole deal. My brother Mark use to work for Blackman when this boat was built. So if anything goes wrong with it...HIS FAULT!!!!

I think Bob Davis Redeemed has the boat I grew up on. It was cuddy cabin back in 74' and had the living snot fished outta it. As soon as my dad came back from a tuna trip we were out the next day fishing Monday through Friday till he had to make another trip. Lots of good memories of back then. Then a number of years after selling the boat my brother bought it back, decks and cuddy cabin rotted to the point where it was falling apart. Steve molded a CC replacement deck and it was fished a few more times then sold. I think I'm still wet from coming back from the 302 in that thing. The spray would come right over the deck and pour straight down the back of your neck.

DOGHOUSE26
04-23-2010, 02:50 PM
Both my kids are out of the house, my wife has a 997, and I have to beg to drive it! Maybe if she didn't have to clutch the armrest so tightly :eek: I'd be able to drive it more often!

But what fun would that be? :rolleyes:

Libre
04-23-2010, 03:13 PM
Wow...interesting that some of us Blackman owners also love Porche's. I have had several. Last one being an original 930. Still kicking myself for selling it.

Hamachi Girl
04-23-2010, 03:32 PM
Both my kids are out of the house, my wife has a 997, and I have to beg to drive it! Maybe if she didn't have to clutch the armrest so tightly :eek: I'd be able to drive it more often!

But what fun would that be? :rolleyes:

Once in a while she lets me take it for a spin. She had her heart set on a 997, but had to make due with a Boxster S. I was pretty much a dyed in the wool aircooled nazi (my last 911 was a 67' S) but they make some really great cars nowadays.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v434/bocce_me/20100116_pca_autocross789.jpg

Wow...interesting that some of us Blackman owners also love Porche's. I have had several. Last one being an original 930. Still kicking myself for selling it.

What's so interesting? We only like the finest right?

I had the chance to time-trail my friends hotrodded '85 930. All the myth and lore about evil 911 handling is pretty much bunk. But that 930 was a straight out widowmaker. I've never driven a car where the power came on that fast before. Very addictive but you must have some respect for sure.

Looks like I ran into the right group of guys.

Wa Mei
04-23-2010, 03:39 PM

and Skipjack owners

DOGHOUSE26
04-23-2010, 10:38 PM
Oh the new Turbo model with the 0-60 in 2.7 seconds pushbutton really gets my shorts wet; thank God the cost is out of reach I'd be dead by now!

Libre
04-24-2010, 07:27 AM
What's so interesting? We only like the finest right?

I had the chance to time-trail my friends hotrodded '85 930. All the myth and lore about evil 911 handling is pretty much bunk. But that 930 was a straight out widowmaker. I've never driven a car where the power came on that fast before. Very addictive but you must have some respect for sure.

Looks like I ran into the right group of guys.

Once those turbo's kicked in hold on!