PDA

View Full Version : 6/5 Albies and Yellows

Wizard
06-06-2004, 09:06 AM
Left MB about 11:00PM Friday night with 2 scoops of decent bait and on our way. Headed down by the 238 and ended up trolling the 117.00 line. Picked up 2 single jig strike Albies before pulling lines and heading towards the 238. Found a paddy holding our first 5 or so Yellows, no rats. After that paddy, started trolling North when we find another paddy. This paddy was the one that makes your day. First two fish off the paddy were 24-26 lb class Albies that fought like bigeye. My back still hurts. Things took multiple runs every time they saw the boat. Best fight I have ever had on an Albie. These things had serious shoulders. Ended up finishing the day with alternating Albie and Yellowtail onboard every other drift on that paddy for a total of 7 toad Albies and 10 yellows when we decided that it would be more fun to head home and fillet/clean/etc at the dock in the afternoon sun then to stay out and try for limits just to claim a limit day.

Albies boiled on the surface during one set of hookups, fun to watch. Also had one Yellow chase my bait right up to the boat and snatch if off the hook just as I lifted it out of the water, sneaky Yellow Water temp avg 64.4 everywhere with a couple small temp breaks of plus/minus .5 degrees. Ride was nice, 20 knots home. Long swells, just a breeze, all day.

Upgrading my Albie tournament submission to a 26 lber.
(Charlie, did you get my small halibut submission from last week?)

GoFishGo
06-06-2004, 09:19 AM
Nice catch!!!!
That should advance you on the board.

Brian

NoSlack
06-06-2004, 10:50 AM
Good job putting the crew on some quality fish. Went long, smooth sea, found big fish and nothing broke, it doesn't get any better than that.

Mike

DOGHOUSE26
06-06-2004, 09:29 PM
Nice catch old man, my back gets tired looking at the pic!
Those are the days we live for!