PDA

View Full Version : Looking for replacement GPS

brian_g
05-17-2010, 12:51 PM
If anyone has a GPS laying around that they are no longer using, or are thinking about upgrading and would like to get rid of a GPS I need to replace the one on my skiff that just gave up the ghost.

I'm looking to spend around $200

Thanks,

Brian

DOGHOUSE26
05-17-2010, 01:23 PM
We used to get that kind of stuff pretty cheap off Charlie's boat and it was all top of the line equipment too; now that Charlie parks his boat in his driveway at home I don't think Russ has the balls to do it anymore. I'm just the middleman.:o

brian_g
05-17-2010, 05:14 PM
We used to get that kind of stuff pretty cheap off Charlie's boat and it was all top of the line equipment too; now that Charlie parks his boat in his driveway at home I don't think Russ has the balls to do it anymore. I'm just the middleman.:o

Can you give me his address?
J/K

Wa Mei
05-17-2010, 10:06 PM
Hey Brian,
I have an old Raymarine; no color unit. I can't find the randome (spelling?) or
the power cable...it's yours if you want it. If you're lucky, your old unit is a Raymarine and this will solve your problem. I will be at J dock this weekend.

brian_g
05-19-2010, 09:48 AM
Hey Brian,
I have an old Raymarine; no color unit. I can't find the randome (spelling?) or
the power cable...it's yours if you want it. If you're lucky, your old unit is a Raymarine and this will solve your problem. I will be at J dock this weekend.

Thanks Wamei :)
My old unit is a Lowrance which is a bummer. Someone is offering to sell me a Garmin 172C for $100. I'm going to do it. Does anyone have an opinion of this unit? It has an internal antenna, so it's basically like an over-sized hand held. My set-up was pretty crappy before, so this will most likely be an "upgrade" for me.

Thanks again,

Brian