PDA

View Full Version : BBQ?

NoSlack
05-19-2010, 06:30 PM
It looks like there's some interest in getting together, grilling up some chow and tossin back a few beverages.

First things first. We need to contact the management at the marina and secure permission to use the parking lot. Rob will make the call on Thursday the 19th.

If we get the green light from the marina, you only have 2 days to get the word out if you want to hold it this Saturday the 21st. Keep in mind the wind is suppose to blow 20+ and some of the guys might fish the Mission Bay Marlin Club tournament this weekend.

In the past we would go all out with tables, chairs, canopies, grills and a fryer. We could still go all out like we do in the fall or downsize a bit and pick a couple dates 3 or 4 weeks apart so more guys would have an opportunity to attend.

Just some things to think about while we wait to hear back from Rob.

Mike

Honeygirl
05-19-2010, 07:55 PM
What's the rush? A BBQ would be nice to do. If we wait 4-6 weeks the weathers will only get nicer and people can plan ahead. Just a thought
Joe

Libre
05-19-2010, 08:06 PM
I'm up for whatever...If people want to BBQ this weekend lets do it. Doubt I will be fishing with 20knt winds so drinking heavily sounds perfect this weekend! And then we can plan another 4 to 6 weeks from now too. Joe can you make down this weekend? You can stay at my pad. Who can make it this weekend on Saturday or Sunday? I have a portable BBQ I can bring, easy up, table and chairs to contribute.

Anything to avoid hanging with the wife and kids...Save me! Hahaha.

Tony

Knot Now
05-19-2010, 08:17 PM
I should be down at the boat this weekend. I am going to fish the MBMC tournament. LOL Its butts and WSB. I have never caught a legal of either.
If its blowing I will be cleaning the boat. LOL Save me....

Phil

Wa Mei
05-19-2010, 08:29 PM
I am in for this weekend or next weekend; I will at at J dock both weekends.
I will bring burgers and korean beef or steak. Let me know if you guys want anything else.

Malu Lani
05-19-2010, 08:53 PM
Next weekend is Memorial Day weekend the parking lot will be full.

DOGHOUSE26
05-19-2010, 09:52 PM
If this weekend looks like Small Craft Advisory, we will probably postpone the MBMC Tourney 2 weeks.

Hamachi Girl
05-20-2010, 10:36 AM
I talked to the CFO last night and she's up for Saturday afternoon. Doesn't have to be a BBQ either, we could grab some sandwiches at Pt. Loma SF or maybe just meet at the Bali Hai for some Mai Tais.

Sunday I'm off to China for THREE weeks now for work. My luck everybody will be catching Albacore in Lake Hodges when I'm gone.

Allan

Malu Lani
05-20-2010, 12:51 PM
I stopped by the marina office today the lady told me that Tony had already called.She said that Tony and Jerry would talk later today about the BBQ.

Libre
05-20-2010, 12:55 PM
I had to call about some other stuff and asked about the BBQ. She told me to contact Jerry on his mobile. I left him a message. Not sure what the big deal is? BBQ with some other boat owners at the dock and some friends. Not going to be a big kegger in the parking lot or anything. As soon as Jerry calls me back I will post.

Libre
05-20-2010, 03:22 PM
I spoke to Jerry. We are approved as long as the BBQ's are not on the docks. I'm sure you guys all knew that already since you have done this before. We can use our Magma style boat BBQs on our boats. But if we bring down our own from home we need to do it up on the parking lot. I will be down there on Saturday and Sunday hanging out.

So if people want to BBQ lets pick a day, get a head count and go from there. If not I will just be BBQing on my boat and tweaking on stuff.

Wamei sounds like you and I are on the same plan regardless. See you down there.

Knot Now
05-20-2010, 04:51 PM
Some say free lunch? LOL

See you at the Dock on Saturday.
Phil

NoSlack
05-20-2010, 05:37 PM
If things go well at work I should be there all afternoon. If they don't, I'll come by on my lunch break. Probably traveling light if I'm coming from work.

Mike

Malu Lani
05-20-2010, 07:20 PM
I will be there sat Morning until 1:30 pm I will bring a couple bags of chips and dip.I will bring my own bbq food .

Endless Summer
05-20-2010, 07:58 PM
My sister will be getting married this saturday so I will not be able to attend.:( . Bummer because I was looking forward to meeting all of you.

Have fun
Marc

Wa Mei
05-21-2010, 09:59 AM
[Wamei sounds like you and I are on the same plan regardless. See you down there.[/QUOTE]

Hey Tony, if you don't mind, can you please bring the portable grill you mentioned just in case we need it...if the guys trickle in base on the work or other schedules, I can just make food as needed with the 2 magma grills on the boat.

I will have burgers and some form of ribs for everyone...

yellowfin1
05-21-2010, 10:30 AM
Wow! You guys are movers and shakers! Way to jump into action. Only wish our city and state governments were as quick to act as this group is. Unfortunately, I am not able to participate in a BBQ this Saturday (22 May). I'm sure you'll all have a great time. Wish I could make it.

Later,
Scott

DOGHOUSE26
05-21-2010, 01:23 PM
I'm working Saturday as well but I might stop by mid day just to say Hi !

Libre
05-21-2010, 02:20 PM
I will bring the grill down and an easy up. I will bring some extra food and drinks too. I think we have it covered so just come on by.

We should definitely plan a bigger event further out so everyone can make it. I suggest we start another thread and get something planned for the summer.

I will be there at 11am. See some of you Saturday!

Tony

Libre
05-21-2010, 02:20 PM
I'm working Saturday as well but I might stop by mid day just to say Hi !

Did you postpone the MBMC tournament?

Hamachi Girl
05-22-2010, 08:51 AM
I'm still in... but where is J-Dock?

NoSlack
05-22-2010, 09:35 AM
Quivira way Mission bay. The marina south of the bait dock.

http://www.members.cox.net/bocaboard/jdock.bmp

Libre
05-22-2010, 09:20 PM
Good times and good meeting everyone. I'm still full from all the food and beer! Lets plan another one in the future so more people can make it.

Tony

http://www.sandiegoboatclub.com/images/fish/BBQ.jpg

DOGHOUSE26
05-22-2010, 10:06 PM
Did you postpone the MBMC tournament?

Yes, we postponed it 2 weeks to June 5th

NoSlack
05-22-2010, 10:13 PM
I like to give a big thank you to Tony for bringing down a grill and Allan and his wife for working up some great food.

Nice to meet a couple of the new guys and gals and I hope we can make this a more regular thing. Did I hear late June on a Sunday afternoon?

Mike

Hamachi Girl
05-22-2010, 10:41 PM
Mike, Tony, Alan (Allan, Allen) nice meeting with everybody. Sorry I couldn't come down earlier. Looking forward to the next one and fishing with you soon.

regards,

Allan

tony p
05-23-2010, 03:54 PM
Is the next one June 5 at J dock?

Malu Lani
05-23-2010, 05:21 PM
BBQs are the only action we are going to see if the weather stays like this.

NoSlack
05-23-2010, 06:08 PM
June 5 is the new date for the Marlin Club tournament. Several J dock guys will be fishing that so we need to pick something later in the month.

Mike

Wa Mei
05-23-2010, 10:31 PM
It was nice to meet some of the board members. Let's do it again soon!!!

hijole
05-24-2010, 01:54 PM
Sorry for me that I missed it. It's my first miss but ready for the next one.

NoSlack
05-24-2010, 05:36 PM
No big deal Pepe. It was thrown together real fast so I could meet a couple of the new guys before they left town. We would like to plan something a little bigger for June.

June already looks pretty busy with the marlin club doing tournaments on the 5th-6th and 19th-20th. We lose a third of the guys doing something the same weekend as the MBMC.

The 26th-27th is a couple days after the full moon and I don't think that works well for the guys up north that fish Cat for WSB.

That only leaves the 12th-13th open and that's short notice for some guys.

We could push it out to the second or third weekend in July if that works better for everyone.

Mike

DOGHOUSE26
05-24-2010, 05:51 PM
July is better for me, but I can probably do it in June

Blackbird
05-24-2010, 08:12 PM
Oh man! Boy you guys move fast. Hadn't been on in a while, you guys put together a BBQ, had the BBQ, and are planning the next one already. I'll try to make the next one. Its a haul from Long Beach, but I cant think of a better reason really. I'll stay tuned for the next one and will be sure to bring some rations.:)

J

hijole
05-24-2010, 09:17 PM
Hey, on July 1st I start with 7 Saturdays so I think my calendar should be fine.

DOGHOUSE26
05-24-2010, 09:43 PM
Congratulations Pepe, it's about time. You and Muslin are going to get bored in your next life, I think you guys should start a Kosher Fish Taco Shop!

To The Limit
05-25-2010, 07:28 AM
How could we get bored? All we need to do is read Doghouse's posts. That keeps us entertained. Pepe will have to learn the Kosher way to slit the fishes throat so it is bled properly or the Kosher Taco Shop will never make it.

hijole
05-26-2010, 08:04 AM
We should enter Jeff's posts in a college journal titled," Internet English" in the foreign language department for immigrant students.