PDA

View Full Version : Its offical

Honeygirl
06-25-2010, 09:39 PM
Just a small pat on the back for myself... Tues night after 3 months of hard studying, I took the captains license test for OUPV six pack license. The test was 4 hours and I used every minute allowed. It's a big accomplishment for me and the first step toward a nice retirement job! Yes, I know I'm only 34:). I also have a few 2nd ticket days coming up on some of the six pack boats running seabass charters to Catalina. So if you're at the island there watch out. ha ha.

P.S. Just got back of spending 3 days at the island and fishing was really good.

Joe

NoSlack
06-26-2010, 06:31 PM
Congratulations Joe. Maybe some day I can charter you for a seabass trip. For me they fall in the same category as Big Foot.

Mike

yellowfin1
06-26-2010, 07:00 PM
Congrats Joe,

Quite an accomplishment! At 34 you've got a bright future. How's a 34 yr old get so much experience fishing WSB? nICE jOB.

Al Gagnon
06-26-2010, 07:34 PM
Was it dificult to prove your sea time and did you study on your own?. There is a school in Pt. Loma around rosecrans and canon. I went one time to inquire and did not like the attitude they gave me. I never followed it up again. Liability insurance and the responsibility if something went wrong was not interesting. Too many people want to sue. Good luck and make sure you set down some good rules for the passengers to follow.

Honeygirl
06-26-2010, 09:35 PM
http://www.marinersschool.com/?gclid=CMuL0fW3v6ICFQtcagodkD6n3A

Here is the link, the sea time is on the honor system.

Professor
06-27-2010, 01:35 PM
Congratulation! Even if it's not a second career, you're a much better skipper for having done that.