PDA

View Full Version : Repower complete!!!

yellowfin1
06-17-2004, 04:07 PM
OK I've got a permanant grin now as I've just optested the new repower (AD41). Steve came down to the bay to put the boat/engine through the test. My father in law tagged along and weighs a whopping 97lbs wet. At full throttle we reached 4000 RPM and went faster than I ever imagined my boat would ever go (estimated 25kts?). At cruise we we looking at 3300 RPM (and an estimated 21kts) and the new yet uncalibrated FLOSCAN read 5.5 GPH, and at a troll speed of about 1800 RPM this is the best part, the FLOSCAN was reading 1.3 GPH!! I'll miss the wife and kids cause I won't be ashore much this summer. Look out BOCA leader board! The other best part about the new engine is that it is super quiet and smooth and I haven't even insulated that back panel yet.

Charlie, Do you have any more BOCA shirts? Steve saw mine and asked for some.

Anybody with the AD41 seeing the same type of performance data?

NoSlack
06-17-2004, 04:28 PM
Those are some sweet numbers Scott. Break her in right and you'll be good to go for 15 or 20 more years.

Easy does it on the leader board. Slow and steady wins the race.

Mike

Nomad
06-17-2004, 05:24 PM
I should be able to drop some shirts off next week. Congratulations on the repower!

Wizard
06-17-2004, 05:25 PM
Congrats Scott. What a great feeling huh.

I don't have a floscan, so not sure of my numbers. I avg. about 2.2-2.5 KPG, but that is over a whole trip. Haven't done any trips short enough to know if it goes up with more trolling then running. I have hit almost 30 Knots at 3900 RPM. I avg about 20-22 knots running, at about 3200-3400 RPM, depending on wind and swell. I have the KAD42.

Grats again, now let's go fish :)

DOGHOUSE26
06-17-2004, 06:34 PM
Congrats on the repower! Your numbers are right on line with mine (95 AD41P, 3926 Hrs.)but I don't have a Floscan. Running A4 props, my last trip I averaged 2.64 knpg 4.5 GPH 145 nautical miles.Steve must have put electrodes in John's rear to get it out so fast! :eek:

yellowfin1
06-18-2004, 07:19 AM
Thanks for the feedback all,

The numbers I posted were with the bait tank empty and no gear. I also did not have the GPS hooked up so, not sure of the real speed we got, and of course those numbers were based on a flat bay ride too. Good to see that my performance is right in line with the other AD-41's. Glenn, sounds like you've got the speed advantage over us a little. I'll remember not to race you for pink slips.

Anyway, I hope to be on the water much more now and contribute some good fishing info to the site. See ya all out there.

Wizard
06-18-2004, 01:59 PM
Glenn, sounds like you've got the speed advantage over us a little. I'll remember not to race you for pink slips.

Trust me, I don't like running her fast. That 'almost 30 knots' was coming in the jetty (following seas, tail wind) and was for about 15 seconds before I reigned her in. Just wanted to know one time. 20 knots is a great speed on these hulls imho.