PDA

View Full Version : Trailer Parts

Knot Now
09-28-2010, 02:33 PM
I went to install LED Lights on my trailer and I noticed that one of my main springs is broken.:eek: I am going to replace all four. Its a 1997 Aros trailer. Anyone have a suggestion on the spring size? I have 26" 8 leaf springs I think that makes them #5700 springs Aros has 7 leaf springs #5200 springs.

Anyone have any experence with the Dexter E-Z Flex unit? It replaces the equalizer between the springs and they claim it reduces the stress on the trailer and load.

Anyone have an "in" or suggestion for parts?

Phil

NoSlack
09-28-2010, 04:20 PM
Back in the day when I was using springs, Aros would sell me an extra leaf that matched one in the middle of the pack and I would add to the stack to get a little more capacity. You need a good bench vise to do the work but it got the job done.

Mikegyver

Royal Hook
09-28-2010, 05:17 PM
Like Mikegyver was saying "back in the day when he was using springs". It maybe a good time to think about going to torsion suspension. This will have you replacing the axles and transferring your brake assembles, but never having to replace leafs again. I've been running with torsion suspension on my aluminum trailer for 12 years now and they still look and operate well.