PDA

View Full Version : 2011 rule changes

NoSlack
10-04-2010, 05:40 PM
I’ve been kicking around the idea of adjusting the point value for a few of the fish in the tournament. The original idea behind the points was an average fish for that slot would earn you 50 point. After 7 years we are a little light on a few fish and a little over on some.

He is what we’ve averaged over the 7 years
Yellowfin #20.6 for 41.2 points
Bluefin #26.45 for 52.9 points
Albacore #25.8 for 51.6 points
Yellowtail #22.9 for 45.8 points
WSB #39.3 for 78.6 points
Dorado #17.2 for 51.6 points
Halibut #18.6 for 55.8 points
Lingcod #8.6 for 25.8 points
Rockcod #5.2 for 26 points
Calico #4.3 for 21.5 points
Sandbass #3.7 for 18.5 points

We hit our target on all the offshore stuff, but I think we under valued some of the inshore fish. If we take lingcod from 3 to 6 points it will bring that average up to 51.6 points. I think Rockcod should go from 5 to 9 or 10 and both the bass should be more like 12 points per pound to bring them in line with the other fish.

One more thing. I'm going back to enforcing the rule about a picture or a weigh slip. No more calling you fish in. I'm going to do my best to get everyone up to speed on the picture hosting site so there won't be any excuses for not adding a picture to your report.

Mike

Let me know what you think about the points

Wa Mei
10-04-2010, 07:02 PM
Sounds good to me Mike! Thanks again for managing the site.

Honeygirl
10-04-2010, 08:49 PM
sounds good. are you trying to make the race tighter

DOGHOUSE26
10-04-2010, 09:07 PM
I think the points are fine the way they are; there's not a whole lot of talent to catching rockcod and bass where the points are low; until the past 2 years WSB were pretty tough to catch here in SD which balanced out the L.A.guys who have to go farther for Tuna. Personally I don't think a rockcod or bass should get half the points as a marlin.

Professor
10-04-2010, 10:09 PM
It’s all good. You’ve got to catch, photo and weigh em no matter what. Just get er done before the contest starts.

yellowfin1
10-05-2010, 08:43 AM
I also thought the points for each fish are good the way they are but, I'm down with whatever the group decides. The rockfish are usually smaller points but, that's to be expected as most can easily put a 3 or 4 pounder on the board and that 3 or 4 pounder could be the tie breaker. It's just another fish that you need to spend a couple outings on if you want to get a jacket.

Time Out
10-05-2010, 11:37 AM
Mike
What ever you deside is Ok with me. I do think Jeff has a good point about the Cod and Bass. It's hard to catch a big bass or a big Cod but just filling the slot is pretty easy. If the WSB don't hit in San Diego next year its going to be hard to catch the guys up North. I know you have given this alot of thought and I haven't so i'm cool with what ever you what.

Russ

Mike I was trying to post a few pic last week thanks for the help by the way. When I loged on I had to use my old tuba8 screen name. Can it be changed to Time Out also?

NoSlack
10-05-2010, 05:18 PM
My train of thought on this was to level the playing field between the inshore and offshore sides of the list. I see the guys up North at a slight disadvantage because the bulk of thier fishing would fall on the inshore side of the list.

For example, if a boat runs the table on the inshore stuff while another boat runs the table on the offshore side of the list, hands down the offshore guy should be way ahead on point. Now they need to switch gears and fish the side of the list that is outside thier comfort zone. The inshore guy is more likely to struggle making up the difference.

With that being said, this format is all about getting out of your comfort zone and figuring out a way to plug a few holes in your score card.

Mike

DOGHOUSE26
10-06-2010, 08:22 AM
Whatever you think Mike, it will be a fun challenge as always. Just remember according the a just released study the incedence of reoccurring kidney stones is 8 times more likely with patients who consumed more inshore fish, (halibut, older rockcod in excess of 7 pounds, and estuary lobster) than those who had more pelagic fish in their diet. Just think it through and let us know before 11-1-10.

REEL NASTY
10-13-2010, 02:54 PM
Being a new guy I'm happy with what ever is decided, and with the way my off shore season went, I better learn how to get the inshore stuff done.