PDA

View Full Version : projects for the season

Zarco
05-05-2011, 09:00 PM
after seeing "blackbirds" thread and realizing my boat has been dry for over a year now.(fishing season sucked,alt. was out,moved,trailer brakes weren`t working,etc.etc.i could go on with excuses...)
i figured i`d get the black widows off her(found 6 and know where 2 more are:mad: ) and get some work done before what is looking like a good season starts.
first was new alt. went ahead and had old one rebuilt for onboard spare,full service and then some, replaced every bit of the trailer brakes,new icom 504 radio with remote micro command 3 in cabin , new 3000w inverter,new onboard battery charger,4 new batteries(undecided on what to run yet),new furuno radar.

Here is a long list of stuff i want to do(when both money and time allow): new touch screen garmin plotter with 3g vision card(way cool stuff).lower rear deck like newer billfishers,redo entire deck with gelcoat, angle outriggers with wedges so they are further out, new macerator (instead of hand pump:o ),install profish 1100 windlass, construct carport i bought last year, all new trailer tires,install 65 gallon offshore tank to replace og blackman tank, make fuel guage actually work, new windscreen(old cracked blue one looks bad),add more starboard less teak!, led underwater lights,replace all bulbs with leds,new foam in recovered cushion(idiot used the old foam when he recovered it),replace old plexiglass windows with real glass, fix any crazed gelcoat(very minor but still bugs me). i`m sure there`s more but that should keep me busy for awhile. what are some projects you guys are doing before this season kicks off??

NoSlack
05-05-2011, 09:45 PM
When you get around to the fuel gauge, take a look at the line of stuff WEMA makes. http://www.wemausa.com/ Fuel senders are hard to keep working on a boat and these are almost indestructible.

Mike

Zarco
05-05-2011, 10:05 PM
thanks, i bought a new sender(centroid??) and guage from steve(blackman) a while back. it worked half the trip then died never looked at it since. but will probably do the wema sender.looks like good stuff!

Al Gagnon
05-06-2011, 06:49 AM
Crap, spent to much time typing in things to do and had to log back in. Hell, I have a lot to do.
1. install a remote oil filter strbd engine, always drop into bilge.
2. Reworking mahagony hand rails, just putting stain and see how it works. Urethane last about 5 months.
3. Removing some old electronics, Large Furuno radar, old Loran and Furuno paper graph FF.
4. Trailer brakes not stopping as good as when new , 1 1/2 yrs ago.
5. Deck hatches coming undone around edges.
Need to do more fishing then maintenance (not). Good luck trying that. Scaring myself with thinking about all the work.

NoSlack
05-06-2011, 06:50 AM
Most of the older gauges take the same input. 32 ohms of resistens is full, 240 ohm is empty. You can prove your gauge and wiring are good by disconnecting the sendare at the tank, gauge should read below E. Touch those two wires together and the meter should read full.

If I remembor correctly the centroid senders are the one that look like an aluminum tube with a hockey puck on the top. They are crap in a tank that can have condensation in it.

Mike

Zarco
05-26-2011, 10:06 PM
got most of it done. finishing brakes this weekend. then tire shopping.(need wheels too:mad: the old ones are obsolete 16.5`s). then finish redoing the non skid. also pulling venturi to have new one made any suggestions??:confused: fill her up and ready to kill fish.:cool: