PDA

View Full Version : SCARY STUFF!

Zarco
06-02-2011, 06:31 PM
While securing my new brake lines to my axle I found it is split 1/2" wide and 1/2 the length on the bottom and is failing. Glad I found it before I found out on the freeway. Ordering a new axle tomorrow. Needless to say my shakedown run for the weekend is cancelled. Gotta remove all the new brakes and wheels I just installed:mad: :(

Professor
06-02-2011, 09:02 PM
Ah yes boats and boat trailers. Just remember the fish aren’t here yet and you still have plenty of time to get ready. I’ve been ripping the rock cod but its approaching tuna time. Time to get all of these issues addressed before the tuna shuffle starts.

Freespool
06-02-2011, 09:26 PM
Check with Mike he had two extra axles listed on here a while back. Not sure what the weight rating is or if he still has them but it is worth a shot.

Zarco
06-02-2011, 09:27 PM
Trailer has been neglected since I bought the boat back in 2009(lived 5 blocks from shelter island launch but have since moved). Basically replaced everything but the frame which is still in good condition. I think the axle is defective? As it split where the seam weld is then the rust took over. Rear axle looks to be fine? Contemplating replacing it too??

Al Gagnon
06-02-2011, 09:27 PM
Bummer Jason, but better now then later. I got both my turbos freed up and removed some of the older electronics: Loran and Fruno graph paper fish finder. I am not sure if I should dump them in the trash. I now have two Lorans and I know that they dont operate the Loran stations any longer. The paper graph is still in good condition. Jason, Let me know how much for the turbo. I like to have spare parts but depends on the price. I have one spare tire and rim, and 2 new radial tires without rims 16.5. I could use your 16.5 as a spare. When are you going to start fishing for Tuna? I would like to search some areas. Do you have a radio with a DSC and a MMSI number?

Zarco
06-02-2011, 09:29 PM
Check with Mike he had two extra axles listed on here a while back. Not sure what the weight rating is or if he still has them but it is worth a shot.

That would be awesome if he does( wifey not happy with the blown boat prep budget :( )

Zarco
06-02-2011, 09:34 PM
Bummer Jason, but better now then later. I got both my turbos freed up and removed some of the older electronics: Loran and Fruno graph paper fish finder. I am not sure if I should dump them in the trash. I now have two Lorans and I know that they dont operate the Loran stations any longer. The paper graph is still in good condition. Jason, Let me know how much for the turbo. I like to have spare parts but depends on the price. I have one spare tire and rim, and 2 new radial tires without rims 16.5. I could use your 16.5 as a spare. When are you going to start fishing for Tuna? I would like to search some areas. Do you have a radio with a DSC and a MMSI number?
Not sure on the turbo( think benson claimed it).the rim is yours( I'll drink coors light :rolleyes: ) don't have my mmsi yet. Try craigslist for the old electronics. Was thinking trailer work was done.

NoSlack
06-03-2011, 03:44 PM
My old axels are gone.

Mike

Zarco
06-03-2011, 09:21 PM
Thanx anyway mike, got a local guy to build me a new one using my old spindles???:confused: figure I'll try him before ordering one. At half the price.:rolleyes: