PDA

View Full Version : Calicos gone wild!

yellowfin1
07-07-2004, 10:45 AM
Good morning all,

Fished the La Jolla kelp yesterday afternoon for a wild calico bite. Most fish were less than 2 lbs with a couple 3.5 lbers mixed in. Kept one for dinner. Fish ate sardines, wham lures, and even got a few big explosions on the surface iron. Super fun and relaxing kind of fishing.

Scott

NoSlack
07-07-2004, 11:10 AM
It's good to hear the inshore stuff is still going strong. Might have to give it another go Sunday if the albacore don't make a showing within 50 miles by then.

Mike

DOGHOUSE26
07-08-2004, 07:23 AM
Good going Scott ! Did the water clean up a bit or is it still dirty? I was up there Saturday with 11 year old twins visiting from the east coast trying to provide non stop action but it never happened; we had to go down to Pt Loma for short barracuda to save the day. How's the boat running? :D

yellowfin1
07-08-2004, 07:43 AM
Hola Jeffe,

Yeah, the water was pretty clean, 68.5 degrees and a nice semi-clear blue green. It's really nice when you can put the kids on some fish. Seems like when I take my boys, I just can't get them on to anything. I think they don't believe my stories when I go out by myself or with my buddies. At least your guests got some slimey toothy critters. I'm sure they enjoyed it. The boat is running outstanding! I'm at 36 hours. I'll bring the boat to John when he can take me for the first service (50 hrs). Of course I could do the job myself but, the warranty booklet says that the first service must be done by an authorized Volvo dealer.

See ya later,

Scott