PDA

View Full Version : DFG in season changes

NoSlack
10-12-2012, 07:09 PM
California Department of Fish and Game News Release

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE - October 12, 2012

DFG Announces Changes to 2012 Ocean Sportfishing Regulations from Point Conception to the Mexico Border Effective Nov. 1

The California Department of Fish and Game (DFG) is limiting fishing depths in the Southern Groundfish Management Area to reduce interactions with cowcod. DFG's action follows a recommendation made by the Pacific Fishery Management Council (PFMC) at its September meeting.

DFG has determined that cowcod take is projected to exceed the federal limit established for the non-trawl sector, which includes the recreational and commercial fixed-gear fisheries, in 2012, unless in-season action is taken. Therefore pursuant to Section 27.20 of Title 14, DFG is limiting recreational groundfish fishing depths to 50 fathoms (300 feet) in the Southern Groundfish Management Area (34°27' north latitude to the Mexico Border) effective on Nov. 1, 2012.

Wa Mei
10-15-2012, 08:42 AM
Great...I spent quite a bit of time rock codding at San Clemente Island...I have yet to catch a cow cod. I wonder how the DFG get their info

Hamachi Girl
10-15-2012, 10:35 AM
I wonder how the DFG get their info

*Waves hands around* SCIENCE!

...or something like that.