PDA

View Full Version : Deck Coating for Blackman 20 Center Console

CAPTAIN HOOK
08-26-2013, 10:37 AM
Hey guys:

It has been awhile since I have posted anything however, I have been hard at work giving the Captain Hook an fresh look. I have had a new hard top made for it and had it powder coated beige to match the boat. So far looking good and now ready to install on the the boat.

Before I mount the top, I wanted to re-coat the decks after filling rust pits and screw pops. I purchased two gallons of Durabak material of which I have never used. Can anyone give me an oppinon on this material? I am sort of on the fence with using this as it is more of a rubberized deck coating solution vs using the interlux\interdeck product. That would be my go to if I chicken out on installing the durabak. I am afraid that if I don't like the durabak, I wont be able to remove it and I might have a complete mess on my hands (decks).

Thanks in advance for the input.

Doug Medve

NoSlack
08-26-2013, 06:26 PM
I went with a product called Kiwi Grip. It's been down 4 years and I really like.
http://www.kiwigrip.com/

With a little practice you can bring it to any texture you want, from smooth to a very aggressive non skid. I think there are some how to videos on the internet.

Mike