PDA

View Full Version : Looking for deck hatch suggestions

brian_g
11-12-2014, 08:19 AM
I am going to be replacing my deck hatches and was wondering if anyone has a brand or configuration that they would suggest? I would like them to be "flush" or recessed. The current hatches and the internal lips are rotting out.

Thanks,

Brian

No Bad Days
11-19-2014, 05:46 PM
Every store bought flush deck hatch I have purchased leaked and had a ton of flex when stepped on. I would rebuild what you have if you don't mind tripping over them.

brian_g
11-20-2014, 07:12 AM
Every store bought flush deck hatch I have purchased leaked and had a ton of flex when stepped on. I would rebuild what you have if you don't mind tripping over them.

Thanks for the advice. I had a feeling that flex would be an issue with the large hatches. So back to the original then...

-Brian

brian_g
01-15-2015, 11:23 AM
Just a follow up with some info, in case anyone is interested in constructing flush deck hatches for their older Blackman's:

http://www.boatdesign.net/forums/fiberglass-composite-boat-building/hatch-cover-build-44839.html

dock total
01-15-2015, 04:00 PM
I would use the stock Blackman 20 fiberglass hatches that came on the newer 20s and 23s . I have the molds and can get them made up pretty quickly.