PDA

View Full Version : Time Out Repairs

Import Manager
04-27-2004, 09:16 PM
#0, Time out repairs
Posted by Tuba8 on Mar-24-04 at 04:53 PM

http://www.momentoffame.com/snapshots/MomentOfFame/l75986.jpg
Testing to see if I figured this out

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#1, RE: Time out repairs
Posted by Tuba8 on Mar-24-04 at 04:57 PM
In response to message #0

http://www.momentoffame.com/snapshots/MomentOfFame/l75985.jpg
http://www.momentoffame.com/snapshots/MomentOfFame/l75984.jpg
Photos are kind of basic I will send more as we get it apart

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#2, RE: Time out repairs
Posted by Wizard on Mar-24-04 at 05:43 PM
In response to message #1

Ouch, that looks expensive. =(
I spun my idler pulley bearing on Monday, already have all new parts on hand waiting for reinstall when I get a chance this Sat. Another $200 poof, but that is nothing compared to your repairs.

Glenn
"The Reel One"

#3, RE: Time out repairs
Posted by Saltwaters on Mar-25-04 at 06:50 PM
In response to message #0

Russ,
Good luck on the repairs.

Since you will have the tank out of the boat, this would be a good time to put a coat of epoxy paint on it. We had a small amount of corrosion on the bottom of the tank so we had it painted. I think they used a wire brush and drill motor to clean the tank, a zinc cromate primer and then the epoxy paint. It's a nice green color now.

Bill on Tunacious

#4, RE: Time out repairs
Posted by Tuba8 on Mar-26-04 at 06:39 PM
In response to message #3

Bad news on the repair front
We have taken the boat apart the Strut is a custom order item Blackman owns the molds Steve has given me the company to forge a new one after close inspection the tube the shaft runs through the hull will need to be replaced this we cannot do ourselves I think Blackman is the only people I will trust with this Steve tells 6 weeks he can take me in. So it looks like a few months before we will be back in action. A sad day today

Can we still come to the BBQ even if we dont have a running Boat ??

#5, RE: Time out repairs
Posted by Saltwaters on Mar-26-04 at 08:55 PM
In response to message #4

Russ,
Call Tony Athens at Seaboard. He can make anything. If you bring him your old part, I think he could fabricate one for you.

800-300-BOAT

You are welcome on our boat anytime. Bob and I certainly owe you a fishing trip or two for letting us use your trailer.

Bill on Tunacious

#6, RE: Time out repairs
Posted by DOGHOUSE26 on Mar-26-04 at 09:01 PM
In response to message #4

6 weeks - time to sublease the slip! I think your making the right call letting Blackman fix it. The DOGHOUSE is looking for addtional crew so maybe Mark can play cabinboy and you'll just have to be the gaffer! Let me know when/where you guys want to go and we'll set it up. Nomad told me anyone who was going to bring 20 pounds of lobster to the BBQ didn't have to have a working Blackman anyway so I guess you're still in!
If you think 6 weeks will be too long I saw 3 Yamaha 150s for sale cheap on Allcoast; all you would have to do is plug the shaft hole and bolt those babies on a steel bracket with a tiller arm and let Mark steer it!

#7, RE: Time out repairs
Posted by Tuba8 on Mar-27-04 at 04:21 PM
In response to message #6

Thanks Jeff all I need now is 20lbs of Lobster
I think I might have 15 or 20 tails in the freezer all I need to do is take them from my wifes dead hands I think that was what she said.

If this wind will stop I think the fish are waiting I am a little concerned about albacore off Ventura this could mean they are moving up to soon. I dont know I just want to catch fish. I never took any pictures of the fish we caught on Saturday Marc took a couple with a throw away camera. I think your write about blackman doing the repairs I cant see letting a stranger cut into the boat and I know that it will be as good as new when its done I just hope 6 weeks doesnt turn into 12 if you know what I mean. Steve gave me the name and # for the company to forge the new strut and make a new shaft They tell me a week or so is all they need. If I can get all that work done know when steve ready he will have all the part and it will just be a matter of putting it back together. The prop is ordered and on its way.

#8, RE: Time out repairs- Lobster
Posted by DOGHOUSE26 on Mar-27-04 at 09:39 PM
In response to message #7

Which celebrity hit man would you like me to call, O.J. or Beretta?

#9, RE: Time out repairs
Posted by Saltwaters on Mar-29-04 at 05:30 PM
In response to message #6

I understand Blackman owner's want their boats repaired by the Blackman's. We've taken our boat to them several times during the course of ownership. The Blackman's do quality work.
If you have never been to Seaboard Marine and spoke to Tony Athens, I can tell you first hand, it's worth the drive from San Diego to Oxnard. Tony has repowered many, many boats. There is probably one of his works of art in every harbor from Oxnard to SD. He has repowered many of the boats in the SD fleet.

He owns the mold for the 36 ft Radon. I personally looked at a boat he built from this mold. It is every bit as nice as a Blackman. He has a full machine shop on the premises. He can make anything and his work is second to none.

Bill on Tunacious

#10, RE: Time out repairs
Posted by Tuba8 on Mar-29-04 at 08:30 PM
In response to message #9

Thanks Bill if something happen with the blackman I will check it out.