PDA

View Full Version : 8/13 near the 182

yellowfin1
08-14-2004, 09:20 PM
Fished out on the ridge just SW of the 182 after making a dozen or so macks and smelt in the PT Loma Kelp. First paddy about 12 miles out yielded 2 yellowtail 10 and 15 lbs. Talked to Mike (No Slack) who already posted his dorado pics. My target was also dorado and marlin. Trolled the ridge for about two hours or so with no luck, talked to No Slack who reported his dorado just outside the 9. He said he was going back there. Thought I'd better follow him and attempt to feed off his expertise when we got a blind jig strike on a single dorado which was being shadowed by her sister. Baited the trailer with a huge smelt and was on. Two Dorado in the boat one was 17 lbs and the other was 15. Both females. A little later we spotted a fin that sure looked like a marlin and by the time we got the trollers in and a mackie baited and ready to go, it sunk out never to show itself again. Oh well it was a beautiful day and a super ride in. Also saw several makos getting acrobatic as we approached the north end of the 9. Those of you who still need a mako should not have too much trouble if you target them. Lotsa boats fishing the area. Paddies were fairly plenitiful but, with all the boats it seemed unlikely that they had not yet been molested. Pictures to follow fo the leader board. Just gotta develop and scan them.

Scott

NoSlack
08-15-2004, 05:37 PM
Nice score on the Dorado. I knew you would find some fish out past the 182. It's seems like most of the boats scored some fish inside and never made it out to the prime zone.

Mike