PDA

View Full Version : trial run

Reel Twins
08-19-2004, 08:44 PM
Going out tomorrow morning to the 425 up to the 302. This is the first time I have tried to post a message. I will fill in the details of our trip tomorrow night. got a nice dodo 18 lbs last Friday on the 425.

Don
Reel Twins

Wizard
08-19-2004, 09:19 PM
Talked to you 2-3 months ago on a Friday night departure heading down to the Double_220/295 area. Glad to see you found the board again.

yellowfin1
08-20-2004, 08:13 AM
Hi Don,

Scott here (Tenacious). Talked to you at the fuel dock a couple months ago. Good to see you posting here. Hope the boat is doing well and you are getting some fish.

Semper Fi,

Scott

Reel Twins
08-22-2004, 02:31 PM
Hi Scott, Went to the 425 on Friday the 20th. Got a big yellow, 20 lbs, and 8 Dodos.
they would not bite on fly dinos, so I slow trolled about 2 knots, nose hooked dinos, and sure enough, starting getting double hookups. We lost around five, but still landed eight. Had a great day. The Reel Twins is running fine.

John, my brother, and I will be going out again next Friday.

Hope all is well with you too.
Semper Fi

Reel Twins
08-22-2004, 02:36 PM
Thanks Glen, We had a great day...(see message to Scott on the Tenacious).
A boat named the New Bippy called us in on a great bite on Friday. I hope I can do the same for him some day. I have talked to him before, seems like a good guy.

I am going out again next Friday. Hope to see you out there.
Don

firebc
08-23-2004, 03:37 PM
Hi John and Don,

Good to see a couple of '67 Pointers on the board. Last time we talked was at Blackman's, while my Outerbanks was being build.

Phil Silva

Reel Twins
08-25-2004, 09:49 PM
Hi Phil,
hope to put more on the board saturday. John and I are going back out Friday. Not sure where just yet. I would like some more Albies, but I not really up to a ride south of the 238. Has anyone got any news on the latest albie bite?
don

firebc
09-03-2004, 07:18 PM
Some talk about the Mushroom and Airlplane for the day boats. We have the range but I don't have the patience or the back if it's rough. Lot's of yellows off paddies though!

So, did you go out and how did you do?

Phil