PDA

View Full Version : Still learning about props

Wizard
08-22-2004, 10:34 PM
Got the boat back in the water today. Trial run on a set of B3s, my old set of B4s rehubbed and pitched down. Trying to get rid of some cavitation in quartering swells and fine-tune the engine temp at cruise. Boat does a nice hole-shot, but top speed at 80% is down 2 knots, and water temp never went above 165.

Time to go the other direction. Sanding and painting a set of B5s this week. I'll post the results later.

NoSlack
08-23-2004, 06:55 AM
2 knot a step is about right. Keep an eye on the temp as you prop up. When you can no longer hit WOT you went to far.

Mike

DOGHOUSE26
08-23-2004, 11:34 AM
Glenn,

If you don't think you will use the 4 blade I gave you I can pick it up and use it as a spare. Please let me know.

Wizard
08-23-2004, 01:47 PM
I should know by the end of this week, which set I will be running.

Wizard
08-26-2004, 09:07 AM
Drug the trailer down to the launch ramp again last night. Took the boat out of the slip and put her back up on the trailer. Took off the B3 props that were way underpropped and put on a set of B5s. What a difference!!! Engine temp at WOT back up to optimum. avg. 24 knots at 3300 RPM. 29 knots at WOT. Cavitation almost gone. I can still reach WOT easily. If I had a set of B6s to test, I'll bet she could spin them. Happy camper this AM. Never knew how underpropped she has been the whole time I have owned her.

Wizard
08-27-2004, 11:27 AM
I won't be able to use the 4-blade prop. Let me know the next time you are going to be down at the dock, I'll bring it over to Marina Village.

Thanks.