PDA

View Full Version : 8/25 Day 1 with Pops

NoSlack
08-25-2004, 05:11 PM
Traveled a total of 110 miles for one rat yellow off a paddy outside the 302.

Started off heading south about 5 mile outside the island and ran all the way to the 425 for nada. Made a turn to the west then ran all the way back up to the 302 were we picked up our 1 yellow off a paddy. Picked up and ran to the 182 before throwing in the towel on the run and gun paddy fishing. Dropped the jigs in and plotted a course for Mission Bay.

About 5 miles inside the 182 we start seeing paddies loaded with bait but no game fish. Crossed paths with Scott in this area and he reported a few yellow for them but nothing red hot.

Now I'm thinking I've got to come up with something to save the day. When all else fails go with your old stand by. Reel um up boys, we're going down to the bottom of the 9 and get some cod!

Two quick limits of cod and I go from zero to hero.

Thursday it looks like we're heading north. Heard a few guys finding kelps up that way.

Mike

DOGHOUSE26
08-25-2004, 09:27 PM
Thanks for the end of the day report. I'm landlocked for a couple of days and it's a nice break between bids late at night, almost like I was fishing right there with you. I bet the WSB are available off the Lab @ Point Loma; Dan has a hot spot there. Other reports show nice sized YFT inside the 60, a welcome change from paddy hopping and probably not hit hard yet. Full Moon approaching so the best bites are at grey and late afternoon.
Good Luck!

Reel Twins
08-25-2004, 09:56 PM
Any reports on Yellow fin up North, or do I still have a
long boat ride Friday morning?

Don on the Reel Twins

DOGHOUSE26
08-25-2004, 10:34 PM
They caught some 30-40# inside the 60; the smaller 10-20# stuff is down 70-95nm with the albies. I haven't heard of any consistant YFT catches north of the Coronados . 2 weeks ago I metered them with porpoise on the 9 mile bank but the water was dirty and they didn't want to play