PDA

View Full Version : 8/27 last day with Pops

NoSlack
08-27-2004, 05:26 PM
I normally pride myself on going the opposite direction everyone else is and finding my own fish, but after the past two days of piss poor fishing, I went with the flow today. With my tail tucked between my legs and my head held low I followed the crowd down to the Rock Pile.

Slow trolled deens were the ticket for us. The boys boated 7 Yellow in the 10 and 16 pounds class. Should of, could of had a lot more but they were having a good time with ones the managed to get a hook in.

After a real ruff start to the week we ended it up on a high note. I'm sure they'll have some good stories to tell when they get back home.

Now for the Marlin update: 4-5 off Mission bay is still holding and the area between the 302 and bottom of the 9 had several short bites.

Mike

http://bocaboard.com/data/noslack/dad&al.jpg

yellowfin1
08-28-2004, 01:03 PM
Great Mike,

Sometimes you just have to throw in the towel and follow the others. Sure is nice when you can find them in an area where nobody else is fishing though. Thanks for the info onine. marlin. I was by the shop and trying to pry some of Shirley's marlin secrets out of her but, had no luck. She won't share with me. She says there are no secrets. So guess I'll keep going out after work and dragging those zukers around till I can get one.
Finally sold the old engine to a commercial guy in Northern Cal.

Doug Medve,
Sorry to say that I had to let the gauge panel and air cleaner go with the engine.

Scott

NoSlack
08-28-2004, 02:36 PM
That's good news on the engine. It was beginning to look like you had a big green paper weight or a spare anchor on your hands.

The secret to catching marlin is, log a lot of hour in the right area and have a little luck on your side. Persistance will pay off.

Mike