PDA

View Full Version : Straight shaft

theman772
04-24-2022, 03:45 PM
Does anybody have a black man with a straight shaft I have an outer banks with a TAMD 41B and a straight shaft and I’m thinking about changing the rudder and everybody tells me my rudder is too small and it is a little Squirrley at slow speeds261

DOGHOUSE26
04-30-2022, 03:33 PM
If you're getting squirrely going downswell it aint the rudder. What are the conditions you have when you have the problem? Direction, RPMs, wind, swell, ETC

theman772
07-04-2022, 12:16 PM
Sorry I haven’t been on here in a while my boat is kind of Squirrley around the docks at Low Speed
I have to come in faster than I would like to maintain maneuverability

DOGHOUSE26
07-05-2022, 09:06 PM
You have a single engine shaft drive boat; they are very difficult to manuver around a dock. Its not like an outdrive or twin engine boat you can direct and turn on a dime. You'll have to learn to use short bursts in forward then short bursts in reverse to get your boat to turn into the slip. Or get aBow Thruster installed.

theman772
07-08-2022, 09:33 PM
It’s a speed thing for me I due pretty good I would just like to be able to go a little slower if I slow down I lose a lot of maneuverability
I am thinking that the rudder should be bigger say the bottom of the rudder and the bottom of the prop being the same

grey goose
12-02-2023, 03:38 PM
most blackmans are a bit squirrely at low speeds, I find that putting the trim tabs all the way down helps with this. when cruising in no wake zones.