PDA

View Full Version : Auction Feature??

Nomad
04-28-2004, 07:40 AM
I have been doing a little investigating into Auction software. I have several rods and reels I no longer use and was thinking of putting them on E Bay. Then I thought maybe there would be some interest in having our own auction section for fishing gear and boat equipment. Just a thought, let me know if it interests you.

Charlie

Wizard
04-28-2004, 10:34 AM
Heh, just put em on a buy/sell/trade board here. We'd be happy to buy some gear for a steal ;)

I don't bid/auction against people I know. Ebay is fine, ruthless no-named people someplace in the world. Bidding against people I know, just makes me not bid. Just my opinion.

DOGHOUSE26
04-28-2004, 11:51 AM
I think we ought to start out with Time Out's slip;the question is daily or monthly rate!

sbsrf
04-28-2004, 05:28 PM
I don't know if I like the bidding thing but I'm going to have some residule gear to spread out when I cross over. Like the Para-tech Sea Anchor I had sized to a Billfisher, at least 10 good rigs( I gotta keep 5, I hope to max out at 9 kts, trolling is 6-8 right?). A large 4 hoop floating live bait pen, two never mounted downriggers etc... Unless someone wants to purchase a fully loaded Fishmachine? Sorry Charlie, not trying to take advantage, I am ready to pay to post. I just get carried away when I think about what I'm about to do. I know the minute after I let her go I'm gonna throw a fit and buy her back for more? Change is never pleasant is it? :(

Nomad
04-28-2004, 05:47 PM
No worries Steve. The Auction feature isn't to raise money, only to provide an outlet for guys like me (you?) that have stuff to get rid of. I would rather sell it to BOCA members that can use it than to E Bay strangers. But whatever is preferred. How much on the sea anchor, I might be your first buyer!

Wizard
04-28-2004, 05:57 PM
How much for the Sea-Anchor? I open the bid at 'dirt-cheap'! haha

Been looking for one.

Nomad
04-28-2004, 06:03 PM
Hey, back off...what do you think this is E Bay or something;)

sbsrf
04-28-2004, 06:43 PM
Glen, I don't play favorites, but Charlie was first, and his offer is final. The man deserves a break and an A for major effort. The Para-anchor was purchased as a last resort survival item. I think I read too many lost at sea survival books. Anyway Charlie its yours. No biding. :)

sbsrf
04-28-2004, 07:01 PM
Also if anyone is interested, I had a custom surfboard/kayak arch made for Grebe. It mounts in place of a cockpit bimini. It works well and looks sweet. I feel like I'm whoreing my baby. I'm done.

Wizard
04-28-2004, 07:08 PM
Heh, I didn't see where Nomad wanted the Sea-Anchor. Appears I've been outbid. :D

sbsrf
04-28-2004, 07:15 PM
Glen, look at the last sentence of post #5. Something about being the first bidder. But I won't get involved is nasties. If its a problem, it goes with GREBE. I must be getting old because I don't feed on?

Nomad
04-28-2004, 08:11 PM
All the posts are in good fun but remember, your going to need to outfit that new rig too! :D

sbsrf
04-28-2004, 08:32 PM
My apologies, I got hit with a $32,000 increase in workmans comp today, I'm wound. Shine me on.

Wizard
04-28-2004, 11:02 PM
I see now, he asked first. No problem, missed it.

Nomad
04-29-2004, 05:27 AM
$32,000 increase! The state better figure it out soon, that's nuts!

KingFish
05-01-2004, 12:46 PM
Steve,
I'm in the market for some downriggers can you send me some info and/or pic's of them?

Thank's
MarkDaniels@cox.net

sbsrf
05-05-2004, 09:04 PM
Mark, sorry for the delay, sometimes the grind takes over. I have a Cannon Sports troll (never used) and a Scotty Dial-a-depth used that I purchased from someone in my situation. Also an eight pound downrigger weight and a few Cannon quick release clips. I might keep one for Tahiti. I have to ease into this conversion.