PDA

View Full Version : 23' Billfisher

KingFish
09-13-2004, 10:54 AM
I found a 23' billfisher that needs a lot of TLC and considering making a project out of it. The outer hull right now is a eye sore but with a little sanding,paint and gel coat she should float :D ! Can anyone share some experiences with me on refinishing the hull? How long it will take and what not to do? Any feed back would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark

NoSlack
09-13-2004, 12:43 PM
Mark

Are you looking at one of the boat in the Boat Trader online? There are two 23s, a 1977 gas powered center console and a 1978 diesel flybride model like mine.

If you would like me to look it over with you give me a shout. I'm also in Spring Valley and available most evenings and weekends when the wind is howling to hard to fish.

Mike
465-1617
noslack@cox.net

Nomad
09-13-2004, 01:12 PM
Mark...you would be wise to take Mike up on his offer! We have all benefitted from Mikes knowledge over the years and he is very capable!! He has one of the finest 23's in the fleet too!

PS: Best times for Mike is when the fishing is wfo for any fish he doesn't have on the leader board

NoSlack
09-13-2004, 01:20 PM
I just need to put something in the YFT slot, better my Dorado numbers and get the BBQ scheduled ASAP, even if I have to get it catered myself.

Looks like Russ and Mark are gaining on me real fast.

How's the first weekend in October sound for the BBQ?

Mike

KingFish
09-13-2004, 02:01 PM
This boat is a 79 that was upgraded to diesel and has been parked for the last 3+ years gathering dust and playing host to a hive a Bee's. I have not seen the boat traider but am inspired to get one on my way home. My dad who is also quite wise when it comes to blackman boats (he has owned a 1977-7? 23' outer banks and 1982 26' billfisher) was planing on towing it to Steve to look it over if it makes it on the trailer its on.

Mark

NoSlack
09-13-2004, 04:22 PM
boattrader.com A search with for word "Blackman" as the key word will give you 3 boats.

http://www.boattraderonline.com/adsearch/boatsearchprocess.html