PDA

View Full Version : Fish report on Friday evening 17Sep

yellowfin1
09-15-2004, 11:54 AM
I plan to fish Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. If any of you guys need a report from Fridays offshore action you can give me a call on 69 and hopefully I will be able to tell you where the fish are or aren't. I plan to stay on the hook Friday night at Pyramid cove. Confirmed the cove is open. Hoping to fill at least three of the species slots I don't already have for the leader board (YFT, Bigeye, WSB, lingcod, rockcod, Thresher)

Scott (Tenacious)

NoSlack
09-15-2004, 12:50 PM
Good luck Scott. Sounds like you have the right idea heading west to avoid the Make a Wish tounament crowd. Anything south could be bumper to bumper this weekend.

Mike

Time Out
09-15-2004, 02:11 PM
Scott

looks like I have the rest of the week off Thursday I am planning on doing some work on the boat Oil and filter changes I have two pumps giving me some problems I think I will rebuild them. Planning on fishing solo on Friday I will give you a shout. I have no idea on fishing location this weekend sounds like its going to be a zoo down south. If I had someone with me I think I would head for the lower 500 some large fish have being seen in that area. Have you heard something around SC Island or are you tring to miss the zoo?

Russ

yellowfin1
09-16-2004, 08:02 AM
Good morning Russ/Mike,

Looking forward to getting on the water but, am a little bummed that the WEAX looks like it will be up a little. Forecast calling for increased onshore flow and mixed swell w/wind swell on top of it. Oh well, we can't always have picture perfect conditions. Besides sometimes they are wrong. Plan to be in the vicinity of the 390 at sunup on Friday, then figure it out from there. WEAX permitting we will work our way north the the cove, fish the island Saturday, stay at the island again Sat night, then troll home for the pointy nose models. Thanks for the vote of good luck.

Scott

To The Limit
09-16-2004, 08:50 AM
Scott: I may end up at Pyramid Saturday night. Not sure what direct I will be headerd but 90+ miles to the west end of Catalina does not look promising. If I am headed that way I will give you a call on the radio. Just to be sure what is your boat name? THX Dan

yellowfin1
09-16-2004, 09:45 AM
Dan,

It's Tenacious. Still trying to pinpoint my game plan. Heard some reports from the area around 43, 181, and West Butterfly didn't produce yesterday. But, it sounds like the 1010 was really good so now I'm not sure where I'm going...south andTodos Santos or west and SCI. Sounds like you are targeting the billfish? I'm looking for a variety tuna, dorado, billfish, and whatever else shows.

Later,