PDA

View Full Version : Offshore report 1010, 213, and north

yellowfin1
09-24-2004, 08:44 AM
Here's the summary from yesterday's adventure.
Good bait (1 1/2 scoops). Nice weather and very clear. We could see the coronado Islands from the 213. Very few paddies. Early bite for many at the 1010 but not us. We had several stops in the skippies which we threw bait and chummed hoping to get the YFT to come up (no such luck). Finally at around the 390 area we metered fish about half a mile from a group of boats working a paddy. Threw some bait and got some boils and 1 bait fish (12 lb yellowfin). Continued to chum and get boils but could net get the fish to eat our baits. Even with fluorocarbon leaders and small hooks. And yes the bait was very lively. They would not take the iron either. So we finished the day with only 1 fish. Didn't hear of any Bigeye being caught. Saw several Blackmans on the water yesterday and talked to a few. Silver Fox, Fire Escape, Irish Wake, Doghouse were a few. Also think Glenn (Reel one was out there). Doug (Cap'n Hook) was a guest on a friends striper. Sorry to say that there was so much profanity on the radio yesterday and several guys bad mouthing others who were just asking for numbers on fish that it made me sick. There were a lot of private boats out yesterday and tensions seemed high. Some boats were graciously passing out numbers where they found fish but, some would report limits in WFO conditions then when asked for the numbers they would say "go find your own fish"! Some of these guys are so rude. Seems like there is a new breed of badboy fishermen on the water lately. I bet that they would be much more professional if they were experiencing an emergency on the water and needed help?
Makes me want to get a bigger boat and go fish where the crowd can't. We all need to realize that fishing is suppose to be fun. OK I'll get off the soap box now.

Other than that good day on the water. Good luck to those going out this weekend.

DOGHOUSE26
09-24-2004, 11:35 AM
Scott,

you have to take Channel 72 with a grain of salt; there are more idiots on 72 then you could ever imagine! And the numbers story,I can understand it while you're fishing because you can draw in the fleet and ruin your spot, but after finishing if they don't give their name or numbers then it probably didn't happen! I only listen to 72 during the week when few of my amigos are out, I trust more of the regulars on 69 and 65 for Marlin info, it REALLY bugs me when those idiots switch to 69 or 65 from 72 to express how stupid they really are!

Rockpile was good for steady yellowtail limit fishing 8-12#