PDA

View Full Version : Maiden Voyage

Bimini Twist
09-30-2004, 08:33 AM
Took my newly acquired 23' Blackman Billfisher out yesterday for the first time. Caught 3 football and one nicer-sized yellowfin between the 9 and 182 and left them biting (I already have a freezer full). Also caught and released a bunch of rat yellowtails hanging under a floating pallet.

The boat ran like a champ. I put it in the water last Friday, and am slipped at the Dana Inn in Mission Bay. Saw the ad in the trader, was looking at 26's, including The Grebe, which sold before I had a chance to look at it. When I saw "23' Billfisher," thought it was a misprint, because I wasn't aware Blackman made one in that size. Went to take a look at the boat and it was love at first sight. Turns out the guy I bought the boat from was selling it because he just bought The Grebe. It took me one year to find a boat that had what I wanted. Without trying to sound too corny, I must say I'm pretty proud to be a Blackman owner, even after only one week.

Anyway, my name's Rich Flammer, the boat's name is Bimini Twist, and I look forward to meeting all of you.

http://members.cox.net/presentation/portwater.JPG

NoSlack
09-30-2004, 09:46 AM
She's look good Rich. Give me a call and we'll get together to go over the the maintanence list and answer any question you have on the engine and outdrive.

Mike

Nomad
09-30-2004, 04:15 PM
Sweet ride! Beautiful boat and welcome! Hope you can make the BBQ!