PDA

View Full Version : San Diego Marlin Club

CAPTAIN HOOK
10-01-2004, 09:52 AM
Hi all. I was down at the SD marlin club yesterday watching the boat "drop back" weigh in a 145# striped marlin. While sipping brewskis in the office, I mentioned the possibility of using the club for boca functions. BBQs, gatherings and what nots. Not sure if this is of interest to you guys but a lot of ideas poped in my head on this topic. They are not allowed to rent out the club BUT can accept donations to allow outsiders use the club facilitys. An example was the Luhrs boat oweners club. They make a donation and get free reign of the club and the clubs docks for their annual tournement. We potentially could do the same. An all blackman tournement would have a huge outcome I believe. I brought this up with Lil (Don's sister) and she loved the idea. Not only would it be a great time and generate tourney dollars but it would bring some much needed club exposure. The club is an awesome meeting place, has available guest slips, as well as a great club house setting for dinners and events. I would be happy to get further information if you guys think this would be a cool idea in the future.

Thanks for your time.

Nomad
10-01-2004, 02:48 PM
Great idea Doug. Several of us are already members and I never thought to use the club.

yellowfin1
10-04-2004, 08:01 AM
I like the idea and will participate.

Scott