PDA

View Full Version : O'side to Delmar and Back (10-6,7)

Moo Fish
10-09-2004, 06:20 AM
Splashed the Fish from Oside ( yes, there is life north of the 52). Trolled and drifted down to Delmar with bonies, bass, and minibutts providng sport on ultralight.Turned west 10 miles and north---68F, blue water and the NW swell and wind. Not much else.

Non stop traps from Carlsbad to Delmar. Every stone, ledge, hole, bump, and reef was plastered with traps. Plugged in a few new numbers. The commercial guys were tending the traps with private boats putting divers over the side on top of the traps. All is fair in war and lobstering!!

Let's see how the weather goes after this weekend--maybe SCI or the Farnsworth??

rt

NoSlack
10-09-2004, 11:08 AM
Sounds like you saw a few more fish than I did up there last weekend.

After a good show on the halibut 2 weeks ago off the Hotel Del I figured it would be worth a look along the northern beaches. If it wasn't for Shovelnose and Leopard sharks it would have been a pretty dull day. Not even one short halibut to show for the day.

You need to push off and head for the west end of SCI before those big Yellows disappear. Sounds like some pretty good fishing out that way over the past few weeks.

Mike

DOGHOUSE26
10-09-2004, 03:31 PM
Forget the inshore stuff, marlin are 2 miles off the Carlsbad powerplant, and headed this way! :D

Wizard
10-10-2004, 09:47 AM
Forget the inshore stuff, marlin are 2 miles off the Carlsbad powerplant, and headed this way! :D

They are? Hmmmm... I think I missed a joke along the way.

DOGHOUSE26
10-10-2004, 09:40 PM
So did I ! 106 round trip miles of trolling through a desert all day! A SE wind will screw you every time! Big lump too! :mad:

Moo Fish
10-11-2004, 05:29 AM
Maybe BS radio fish but the hookup 1090 show reported BB of Fishtrap and Pfieffer of Shimano tapped two spikeys 10 miles off the gold ball ls week. But the wind and swell has been up the last few days.....rt

DOGHOUSE26
10-11-2004, 07:16 AM
That was Saturday PM on the way home to Dana; I started @ Carlsbad at first light for 2 hours, then went to the golfball where they had their action, then back down the coast offshore 10-15 miles to the top of the 9. After seeing the temp shot last night, probably should have hit the 181 and the ridge instead. SE wind @ 15 and 4-8' lump made for a wild morning, thank got we were going with it. It laid down alot by the afternoon.

I hope it's not over yet!