PDA

View Full Version : socorro is for sale

socorro
10-17-2004, 09:10 PM
socorro is a 26 billfisher with a custom wrap around helm.Not sure if there is another one like it but all electronics are flush mounted and top of the line, including furuno navnet open array 24 mile radar sitex plotter with comnav auto pilot interfaced.furuno fish finder,seperate furuno gps,standard eclipse radio[top of the line standard conected to gps] icom m59 both with new antennas, arch extended for stand up head room with complete new three sided custom canvas,with covers made for the eisenglass.new cd with large bose speakers,wiring has been completely gone through including entire battery system. this boat will never leave you stranded.Very set up for safety.Engine is a kad 32 [4 cylider super charged] which cruises 18 and tops at 24 plus. the motor is a 2001 with 475 hours and has been meticulisly maintained.The drive is also a 2001 290 duoprop.Every pump has been replaced,every hose and most all wiring, all by profesionals.There is more but you'll need to call.Check yacht world.comdeal.

DOGHOUSE26
10-17-2004, 10:00 PM
Your boat shows real well; I've never seen a Blackman bridge such as yours and it looks neat! I'm curious why you chose a KAD 32 over an AD41P for your repower. Did it have a 4 banger in it before? I'm also curious if your milage is a little better than the 6 cylinders and whatis your RPM at 18 knots?

Best of luck will the sale,

socorro
10-18-2004, 08:26 AM
the repower was quite a tough decision to make.The boat had an old 40 in it [6 cylider] and with lots of talk about performance verses wieght, came to this conclusion.I live in santa cruz ca where speed is usually not very important so I wasnt to worried if the boat was a little slower than with a 41 but it turned out that I believe they are about the same.18 knt cruise 24 knt top.The big differance I think is that the supercharger out of the hole is a huge fuel saver.Also the motor is approx 300 lbs lighter.The 4 cylinder does vibrate more.The boat comes on plane in a couple of seconds.The one part that I did not like was that the engine hatch had to be raised slightly.2 inches.At first I thought I would not be able to stand it but got used to it right away.I havnt had anyone trip on it.This boat was never meant to be sold by myself,I planned on owning it forever. My young children have been very close to getting hurt on the ladder under way so I'm looking for a 26 express.I have 90 thousand dollars into the boat.Hope that anserws your question. 18knts 3200/3300 depending on load

yellowfin1
10-18-2004, 11:30 AM
Nice looking boat. It's good to see an early 80's model looking so clean. First one I've seen with pedestal helm chair.

Scott (Tenacious)

DOGHOUSE26
10-18-2004, 08:54 PM
As Scott said, you boat is very clean and we cared for; it shouldn't be on the market for long! :)