PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Plan for 26Oct

yellowfin1
10-25-2004, 02:56 PM
Fishing the 26th with dad while he's in town.. I plan to fish the area just outside the finger bank then the islands for YT or halibut. Plan is to score a marlin, bigger YT and halibut, as well as some rock cod and lingcod and get home before the WEAX gets bad. That should get me up there with Mike in the points. As long as I'm dreaming I might as well get a bigeye too! If anyone makes it out give me a shout on 69.

Scott

NoSlack
10-25-2004, 04:01 PM
There was a guy on the radio Sunday calling in guys to fish some porpoise at 32.10 X 117.15. He said he was doing well on the YFT.

Your best bet for halibut is still off the Del on your way back home. Fish anywhere you meter bait on the bottom in the 20'-35' range.

Good luck and enjoy your time with Pops.

Mike

Wizard
10-25-2004, 04:43 PM
Good luck out there. Get out really early, catch em, and get back early. Tomorrow afternoon the next storm is 'supposed' to start coming in and the winds will go from 5 knots to 15 knots+ in a hurry.

yellowfin1
10-27-2004, 10:15 AM
Glenn/Mike,

Thanks for the advise. After listening to the weather radio I got a little nervous and decided that it would be better to stay local. Took dad just off of MB for some halibut attempts instead. Fished just outside of Crystal Pier in 50-60' of water for 4 decent sand bass, one 20" halibut released, and one big butt farmed. First drop I got a good solid fish and while pulling it up it got a little nervous and started shaking its head. Dad saw it and said it was very big. Anyways it swam to it's freedom after shaking the hook. OK now I'm ready to throw in the towel!

Later,
Scott

NoSlack
10-27-2004, 10:58 AM
Don't give up yet. Go back and get that big Hali and join me in the 400-point club.

There is still one more weekend left and you can bet I'll be out trying to squeeze 1 more point in. My goal from the beginning was 500 point and I'm not giving up until the clock strikes midnight on Sunday.

Mike

ps. fish a light rod and 3 or 4 pounds of drag on the halibuts. If you keep it light, it will take a few extra minute to get the big ones off the bottom. Once they break suction on the mud, they will glide to the surface without realizing they're hooked.