PDA

View Full Version : Monterey Rockfish

Pistolero
11-03-2004, 02:14 PM
Last weekend for Rockfishing until July, 2005. Went out on the Saturday, the 30th with six anglers on the boat. Carmel Bay reefs provided the usual abundance of rockfish varietals. Regular size blues, gophers and some two foot+ shaker lings. Best was a school of yellowtail rockfish(looks like S.Cal's Calico) which produced 7 or 8 five to seven pound fish. Took about 3 and 1/2 hours to limit out for the six of us. One heavy cooler! With nothing but sanddabs available until April when Salmon starts, I guess it's maintenance time for Pistolero. Should try to detail it and get all the little bugs out before then, as I plan to sell it next year.

DOGHOUSE26
11-03-2004, 02:54 PM
Are you moving up to a 32'? :)

Pistolero
11-06-2004, 03:35 PM
I'm moving to cabin type, flybridge not for my type of fishing and locale. I'll be looking for 26 Outerbanks or other make of similar type design....e.g., Farrallon, Osprey, Davis, etc. I'm tired of climbing up and down and of feeling like a bus driver for the crew who are down below socializing.

DOGHOUSE26
11-06-2004, 05:56 PM
There was a nice 26 Outers Banks for sale on the board a while back; I don't know if it's still for sale. Steering from the cabin is O. K. for short trips however long overnight runs trend to be too many people too close together!

Good Luck

Malu Lani
11-07-2004, 10:26 AM
There is two outerbanks for sale on yachtworld.com.

Pistolero
11-16-2004, 01:10 PM
Buying is step 2..... step 1 is selling mine...after minor work and detailing. Saw the Outerbanks for sale though....nice!