PDA

View Full Version : First Bug attempt

yellowfin1
11-17-2004, 07:50 AM
Dragged the wife and kids down to the bay with me yesterday evening for a shot at the lobster. What a beautiful sunset we were treated to. Only have two hoop nets. Baited them and out they went. Stand off in the channel while the 7yr old does his homework and am preparing to make some spaghetti when the 7yr old starts screaming. I had a rod with a marlin jig attached in the overhead and somehow he managed to get his head up high enough to get the hook stuck in the back of his head. Fortunately it was just a flesh wound but, had to bring him to the emergency room to have the hook cut out and the wound cleaned. Whenthe kids boarded I of course looked around to ensure it was a safe environment before we departed. I noticed the jig up there and blew it off as it was above my head and the seas were absolutely flat. Just goes to show you that anything can happen and Murphy is always lurking. Saw Mike (No Slack) on my way in and he agreed to pick up the traps for me. Thanks Mike. I would have had to get home from the ER late at night and drop the boat back in and go pick them up so as not to pose a hazard to navigation. Did I get any legals??? Just kidding.

See you at the BBQ.

Scott

NoSlack
11-17-2004, 11:12 AM
We went out and picked up your gear right after we talked on the radio. You had 5 shorts in the one with the Bonita for bait and nothing in the other one.

We picked them, cut the bait out and stowed them away before working our gear. I didn't want to give the DFG any reason to think we were working 12 hoops.

It was a very slow night for us with only 3 keepers by 8 pm. You're welcome to ride along tonight and reclaim you gear or I'll bring it down to the BBQ on Sunday.

I'll be at the Dana ramp at 5:15 with the aluminum skiff if you can make it.

9PM update: good call saying home Scott. We only go 2 keepers tonight.

Mike