PDA

View Full Version : We are a GO! BBQ is on!

Nomad
11-21-2004, 09:59 AM
Sun's out but it's cool. Lets go with plan "A". See everyone at 1:00 at Marina Village J Dock!...

Nomad
11-21-2004, 10:04 AM
BBQ is on!

NoSlack
11-21-2004, 10:16 AM
You may have just saved my life with that call.

25 defrosted lobster
a pound of butter
a pair of XXL sweat pants

It wasn't looking good for me

See ya at 1:00

Mike

hijole
11-21-2004, 09:32 PM
Thanks to all especially Mike for the tails. If the people who were there can send me your email I'll send all of the pictures to you. Charlie, since I have your email I'll send them to you.
Send me your address at
hijola@cox.net

Wizard
11-21-2004, 11:50 PM
Thanks to everyone, especially Mike for the lobsterfest and prizes. Thanks to everyone for the gift certificate for 3rd place. It was a cold day, but at least the beer didn't get warm. :)

My email is sdfishin@san.rr.com. Please send me a copy of the pics.

yellowfin1
11-22-2004, 07:52 AM
What an outstanding time the BBQ was. I'm still full (of lobster). Thanks again to Charlie, Yale, Mike, and everyone for the great food and conversation at the BBQ.
Mike is a class act; wins the tourney and gives out gifts to the other members, and fed everyone with plenty of lobster!! Pepe's chile/salsa was killer. Yales deep fried YT and rock cod was the best. I can't mention everyone's food contribution because there was just too much good stuff.

We have got a great little network of boaters in this club who are full of great ideas (fishing and boat work) and are willing to share. This is one of the reasons I decided to buy the Tenacious and because of ths group I have no regrets. Now lets get started with the 2005 tourney!

Thanks again,

Scott

Professor
11-22-2004, 09:25 AM
Thanks to all for a great afternoon. In addition to being a great time the group is a tremendous resource. Pepe and Mike are both all around Blackman owners. They know their boats, how to take care of them, how to use them and what to do with the catch when they return. The great part is they are willing and eager to share their knowledge as are the entire BOCA group.

As to those who think they have a shot at knocking Mike off his pedestal, I would suggest you start the year by breaking both his legs, sinking his boat and use the other 364 days to fish your butt off. That might move you up to even money. In addition to being a generous class act he is one tough and versatile fisherman.

DOGHOUSE26
11-22-2004, 07:40 PM
I knew I was going to miss a good party and it sounds like it was even better than last year! I came home from hunting a day early only to have the warden revoke my parole for Sunday, I should have stayed the night and gone straight to the picnic! Congratulations Mike for setting the bar so high and we all know it's going to be tough to knock him off the throne in 2005. The least you guys could have done is come up with some form of handicap point ratio for Mike to give us a chance, we won't be tied for first for long!
I missed all you guys and hope to see you around the docks soon.

Pepe - please send me the pics to my new email:

jmeeker4@cox.net :)

NoSlack
11-22-2004, 09:21 PM
Jeff

The guys were so pre-occupied with jockeying for position in line for the lobster, the subject of handicapping me never came up.

Keep a man's mouth full of lobster and he'll never say a bad word about ya.

I need to get together with you and Dan before the spring to pass off the tuna feathers I made for you guys.

Mike

DOGHOUSE26
11-22-2004, 09:51 PM
If these are guaranteed to catch a tuna bigger than yours, well then, O.K. just stick them in a bag with 4 Lobster tails and we'll let you know how they work!

Thanks Mike, we'll rendezvous on the water. Where's the pic of you in the jacket, o highliner one?

Bimini Twist
11-23-2004, 07:20 AM
The BBQ was great fun and I enjoyed meeting all of you, most for the
first time. I've had my boat for less than two months and Mike's
already been a tremendous help to me. He really has the whole thing
wired (no pun intended Mike). As a first-time Blackman owner, this
group is particularly beneficial to me. I've learned tons already, and
hope to get my boat looking as good as some of yours. Thanks to all
for the great info and incredible food (I ate four lobsters, a personal
best!). Looking forward to the next event.

Rich

Send pics to presentation@cox.net