Posted by Nomad on Jun-09-03 at 05:53 PM

Looking for a good source of filters for the Nomad:
Luber-Finer Fuel Filter LFP2100C
Baldwin Fuel Filer BF587-D
Volvo Air filter #3582358
Volvo Oil Filter 471034-9

Thanks guys!

Charlie

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#1, RE: Filter source in San Diego or on web
Posted by NoSlack on Jun-09-03 at 06:19 PM
In response to message #0

I do all my filter shopping at Oil Filter Service, Inc.
2636 Main St.
San Diego, Ca 92113 (Down by NASSCO)
Ph (619) 239-0946

Take a list of your Volvo numbers and they should be able to cross them over to Fram or Baldwin.

Mike

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#2, RE: Filter source in San Diego or on web
Posted by noquestion25 on Jun-09-03 at 07:14 PM
In response to message #0

There is a place in Long Beach Called AP fischer They have the Luberfiner we use for 18 dollars, The Baldwin filters are 4-6 dollars depending on the one you want. As far as air filters I run a Knn reusable filter,Cheap 36 dollars, And they are washable. Give them a call Im sure they will ship stuff.
NOQuestion (Josh)

#3, RE: Filter source in San Diego or on web
Posted by Hijole on Jun-09-03 at 10:20 PM
In response to message #2

You probably want to continue to use a VOLVO oil filter while under warranty. I now buy the Fleetguard Oil filter FG-LF3464, $13.08 from EW Truck & Equipment Co,(of of Federal on Hwy 94). EW Trucking also has a web site that can mail out products.
6336 Federal Boulevard,
San diego
619-263-2111
They also carry the Fuel Filter.
The web Site for Fleetguard is
http://www.fleetguard.com/
They will answer an e-mail the next day for all of the filters they have if you send them the VOLVO engine, year etc.
Fleetguard has the OEM products for many of the Diesel engines including VOLVO.
I haven't changed my Air and Crancase filter in several years. I know the recomendation is to change them every season. At first I used to change them but they don't look bad so I've left them alone. I also installed a RACOR guage on the fuel filter. That Luberfiner has been on for several years also. The guage says it runs at 0 vacuum so I guess it is ok too.

#4, RE: Filter source in San Diego or on web
Posted by Sleigher on Jun-17-03 at 08:54 AM
In response to message #2

Josh,
Do you have any more info on "AP fischer" I can't find them in the yellow pages.
Thanks,

#5, RE: Filter source in San Diego or on web
Posted by GoFishGo on Jun-17-03 at 10:17 AM
In response to message #4

I did some searching and I found this Link to A P Fischer and others.
http://www.gy.com/biz/324191/310.htm

Brian

#6, RE: Filter source in San Diego or on web
Posted by noquestion25 on Jun-22-03 at 10:15 PM
In response to message #4

Peter, There phone number is 562-436-7251. There addresse is 1601 Caspian Ave. Long Beach Ca. Exit PCH off the 710. Second st on left is Caspian. 1 block down. on the right. They have oil in bulk as well as in the drum you can pump it into 5 gal pails, Very reasonably priced./
Hope that helps.
No Question aka (josh)

#7, RE: Filter source in San Diego or on web
Posted by Sleigher on Jun-23-03 at 12:24 PM
In response to message #6

Cool, thanks.