PDA

View Full Version : On the board

yellowfin1
11-29-2004, 08:10 AM
Fished solo on Tenacious Saturday. First stop was La Jolla for a rock fish attempt. Three drops with nada. Next stop was off of Blacks beach in 275' of water. Two rockfish on the first drop. Next I thought I'd try for a halibut despite the dismal reports from the guys fishing the halibut tournament. I drifted an area off of Blacks beach from 30'-80' of water for 1 sandbass. Then I shot over to Torrey Pines and worked water from 40-70' for no love. Back to the Mission beach area for multiple drifts and still no joy. Fished all day for three small fish. Sure was a little disappointing but, at least I get out and put 5 points on the board. The biggest rockfish (vermillion?) went 1.2 lbs. The picture is posted on the leader board (boca pix).

Scott

NoSlack
11-29-2004, 11:50 AM
5 points is 5 points, and it got you out of the 6 way tie for last place.

I wouldn't exspect the bigger Reds to move in there until the season opens back up in March. We found a lot of 3-6 pound fish hanging on the hard bottom up there last spring.

Mike

Wizard
11-29-2004, 03:39 PM
Caught a 2.3 lb red last Saturday during the Halibut Tourney. Didn't bother to take a pic and post, hoping for a much larger one during the year. I hope I didn't burn myself.