PDA

View Full Version : The check is in the mail

saltwaters
11-30-2004, 06:26 PM
I just put the check in the mail for the 50-50 so it looks like I'll be the new owner soon. I'll be in the same marina as a lot of the Blackman owners here are. My slip is on the same dock as the other two Topaz boats.

I look forward to meeting and buddy boating with you guys. Hopefully Charlie won't cut my access to this site.

If the 29 Blackman wasn't so expensive I'd still own one.

Bill

DOGHOUSE26
11-30-2004, 09:20 PM
Congratulations Bill, I know you'll love the boat! Better line up a couple of restaurants to take all that fish you're going to get into ! Are you going to keep the same name or change it?

saltwaters
12-01-2004, 05:24 PM
I think I'll keep the name. If my fiance think's it's half her's, she might not mind when I spend money on it. Troy didn't ask me to change it either.

I'm looking forward to being closer to the fish south of the border and the La Jolla kelp beds.

Bill

yellowfin1
12-03-2004, 07:55 AM
Bill,

I just had a neighbor call me last night in a panic as her husband is out of town and she was told taht they had to get their boat out of their slip by midnight (???). Anyways it was a Topaz 29 express. She was not comfortable maneuvering the boat in and out of the slip with all the other boats she could potentially damage so of course I helped her out. I was very impressed with the boat. This is an older model but, trhey keep her looking pretty good. I think the boat is called Honey Bee.
I think your boat will be a fine fishing machine. Congratulations!

Scott (Tenacious)

saltwaters
12-03-2004, 06:21 PM
Thanks Scott. I think I will like the boat too. I'm picking it up tomorrow morning and bringing it to Mission Bay. Hopefully the upgrades and repairs will not cost too much.

Bill

Time Out
12-04-2004, 10:39 AM
Bill

Post some pictures. Looking forward to fishing with you this summer

Just remember work is not important fishing is important

DOGHOUSE26
12-04-2004, 09:29 PM
Bill,

How was the ride over?

saltwaters
12-05-2004, 12:12 PM
The ride over was pretty good. There was a little rain, wind and swell but it was coming from the south for the most part. (I might need to install winshield wipers)

The marina asked me to put the boat in E1 so they could fix the dock finger. I'm not sure if this will take a week or two weeks. The forecast is for rain all week. I'm not sure if they will be doing much work.

Bob and I saw all the Blackmans down there. Looking good.

saltwaters
12-05-2004, 12:16 PM
Russ,

There are a few photos on www.sdboats.com. I think I'll like having the boat in this marina. Seems like there is a lot of nice people there and I can talk to and fish with the BOCA members too.

Bill

Moo Fish
12-06-2004, 09:21 AM
Great----more 40's to compare notes and commiserate if need be.....try Rain-X on the windshields (glass only). I fished an Alaskan that used the Rain-X on the glass. Sheeted the rain, spray, and green water, no problem.....rt

Time Out
12-06-2004, 03:27 PM
I checked out the photos she looks to very clean . Cant wait to look her over if we get some nicer weather I will be down this weekend are you planning on going down?

Time Out
12-07-2004, 04:29 PM
Bill
I was in Dana point harbor today helping my brother drop a new generator in his boat I noticed a topaz it looks like a 28 named Backlash is this boat the same as yours ? if it is very nice shes as wide as she is long.

saltwaters
12-07-2004, 05:56 PM
Great tip on the Rain-X. I'll add it to the list of supplies I need to get.

Russ,

I heard there is a Topaz on B dock. I don't have a key to that dock any longer so I can't check it out.

I'll be down on Saturday rain or shine. I need to write down some numbers from the injection pumps. Still trying to determine if these are A motors at 145 HP or B motors at 165 HP.

Bill

NoSlack
12-07-2004, 07:38 PM
Look for a tag on the block just in front of the fuel filter. The tag will have the model # on it and the last letter should be an A or B. I thought the A was 155Hp and the B was 165Hp.

Mike

http://www.bocapix.com/data/512/4Tag-med.JPG