PDA

View Full Version : Nomad going up for sale!!

Nomad
01-03-2005, 04:26 PM
Well boys, you may not believe this but I'm about 90% sure I'm going to sell the Nomad. Decided it's time to move up to something bigger. Haven't made any decisions on what I'm going to buy yet but I've decided on the change.

Not sure on the Nomad details yet, will probably have it listed in the next few days. Won't be a bargin but somebody is going to get an awful nice rig.

http://www.followingsea.net/nomad%20construction/index%20nomad%20construction.htm

More later...

GoFishGo
01-03-2005, 04:45 PM
I'd bet you're going to the S.D. Boat Show this weekend!

Brian

NoSlack
01-03-2005, 04:47 PM
Charlie

There are a couple of 29' Blackmans on the market if you're looking to spend some serious money. If you pick up one of the 29's we'll let you stay in the club, otherwise you're outa here. ;)

Good luck shopping for the new ride.

Mike

link to the 29' adds http://www.boattraderonline.com/adsearch/boatsearchprocess.html

Nomad
01-03-2005, 04:54 PM
Looking in the 33'-40' range. Will talk to Steve later in the week. Ouch, banished from BOCA....selling the Nomad is about the toughest decision I've made in a long time.

NoSlack
01-03-2005, 05:04 PM
You run a good web site, so we'll see what we can do about voting you in as a life time member.

It might help sway the J dock members if you leave a case of Corona and some limes in your dock box. Never hurts to grease a few voters.

Mike

DOGHOUSE26
01-03-2005, 05:35 PM
Unbelievable! :eek:

Someone is going to get a cherry ride!

I still think a girlfriend would be cheaper!

Best of Luck Chas, you're always welcome on the DOGHOUSE!

If you park a 36 Riv next to Ken W. we can call it JB Dock!

To The Limit
01-04-2005, 11:58 AM
Charlie: You and I must have had the same dream on Sunday. Ann and I decided to sell the To The Limit on Sunday. Looks like our age is catching up with us and we want a little more comfort on the water. I was going to track you down to see what I need to do to get the information on the website. Talk to you soon. Dan

yellowfin1
01-05-2005, 08:37 AM
Very interesting that several of you are also thinking about moving up. Sunday AM my wife asked me if we were in the position to get a bigger boat also. Unfortunately we are not there yet. I'm really enjoying the Tenacious and the added benefit of this site and the folks in the club but, there will be a day in the next two years when I will also move up (36' Hatteras, Meditteranean, Bertram, or Ocean?).

Good luck Charlie.

Scott

Professor
01-05-2005, 05:29 PM
Charlie,

What a surprise! I can’t believe your making a change after 450 hours on the Nomad. She’s not even broken in yet. Patròn has over 900 hours and I’m looking to add another 600 this year. Good luck in your search!

yellowfin1
01-07-2005, 08:09 AM
Charlie,

Sure are a lot of pretty boatds at the boat show. You go to check out the albemarle 32 as well as the meditteraneans, Luhr's and the Riviera's. Not much under $225K but it sure is nice to dream about them. The Mikelsons, Bertrams, and Cabo's are also cool to dream about but, I don't think you could touch any of them for under 500K Ran into Chris (former Seanna owner) Cool guy. Says to tell everyone hello.

Good luck in your search for the boat.

Scott

Nomad
01-07-2005, 09:48 PM
Found the boat. 1996 33' Riviera with twin cummins 330's with only 800 hours. 8 kw Kohler genset, second station and well equipped. Negotiations are just about complete. Lots of interest in the NOMAD at this price, looks like she won't be mine much longer. Feels mighty strange, like I'm losing a family member. By the way, no plans to shut down the site regardless of what happens in my boating future.

Wizard
01-07-2005, 10:28 PM
I love that 33' Riveria. I saw an add for one a couple of weeks ago and wished.

Nomad won't take long to sell, only wish I could afford a newer one.

Nomad
01-07-2005, 11:31 PM
Here she is:

http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listing/pl_boat_full_detail.jsp?slim=quick&currency=USD&units=Feet&currencyid=100&boat_id=1306515&units=Feet&currency=USD&access=Public&listing_id=1456&url=

Wizard
01-08-2005, 03:06 AM
Yep, that is the ad I saw a couple weeks ago. Figured it was long gone, not that I could have gotten it at the time I saw it. I wonder how many have looked at it, with it being posted for more then a week?

Where you going to keep it? Marina Village slip you're in isn't big enough, no?

Nomad
01-08-2005, 07:43 AM
It's located at Marina Village and will stay there. Just a few docks away from J Dock!

yellowfin1
01-10-2005, 07:33 AM
Outstanding yacht there Charlie,

So now you'll be able to carry about 5 or so 50 gal drums of diesel on your deck and you can be the mother ship for the annual BOCA caravan to Guadalupe Isl?

Seriously though she sure is beautiful. Good luck. I hope to follow in your footsteps one day.

Scott

DOGHOUSE26
01-10-2005, 08:03 AM
Does this mean we will only be able to drink Foster's on board? :mad:

Congratulations!

CAPTAIN HOOK
01-11-2005, 07:41 AM
Keep moving up guys. I will get that 26 yet! I have all my extra cash tied up in real estate at the moment. Maybe in a year or two I will eithr get my billfisher or go bankrupt. In the meantime, the hook is still happily motoring. All the best Charlie. I am green with envy. :D