PDA

View Full Version : Bad Luck

Malu Lani
01-12-2005, 06:00 PM
Is it really bad luck to rename a boat ?

DOGHOUSE26
01-12-2005, 07:54 PM
Only if your married and you name it after your girlfriend!

Mine was originally named ENCOUNTER and that was 3000+ hours ago.
It has served me well and still catches fish in spite of my flashes of stupidity!

Nomad
01-12-2005, 08:03 PM
Naw, just a rumor by the buyers of troubled used boats to cover their mistake (gotta blame it on something!)

Caveat emptor, or buy a care free boat like the NOMAD! :D

ps: I'll let you know for real after I rename the Paragon!

DOGHOUSE26
01-12-2005, 08:17 PM
Have you wrapped it up with the sea trial yet or do you have 2 trials for this weekend?

Nomad
01-12-2005, 08:22 PM
Sea Trial and engine survey on the Paragon Saturday, haul out and hull survey Wednesday afternoon.

Transfer of the Nomad is targeted for Wednesday morning.

Still offloading all of my gear. Think I'll get another 5 knots now that I took all that crap off! Geez, 3 carloads and I'm not done yet. Maybe I should get a 36 instead of the 33 with all my stuff!

Chas

DOGHOUSE26
01-12-2005, 09:50 PM
I don't think there's enough room in your new slip for your new bait receiver with that big boat taking up so much space; we'll take good care of it on J dock!

NoSlack
01-12-2005, 10:46 PM
Bad luck? Oh I could tell ya some stories about the first six months after renaming my boat. Everything that could go wrong did. She almost sank one day with the whole family on board.

On the bright side, I learned more about the boat in six months than most guys do in a lifetime. Looking back on the whole ordeal, 90% of the problems were related to a lack of maintenance by the previous owner and 10% were a lack of knowledge on my part.

Mike