View Full Version : Sea Trial

Time Out
01-15-2005, 07:26 PM
Charlie

How did the sea trial Go ??

DOGHOUSE26
01-15-2005, 08:58 PM
Russ,

It went great until we hit something in the water off Mission Beach :eek: and now your boat vibrates and smokes alot, we can only get about 1500rpms. Dam, Dan and I almost had it sold for 45K! John is coming over tomorrow to take off the injection pump. :D

Nomad
01-15-2005, 09:30 PM
Excellent. Engines checked out with only a few minor items. Everything else checked out as well. We took her out in the afternnon. Had her up to about 20 knots when Jack (the seller) takes her up to 25 knots. Then we pour on the coal and she took off. Had her up to 31 knots at WOT. Amazing speed and a great ride. Cruising at a lazy 25 knots will enable me to make it back to the fuel dock early! Seriously, aside from a little smokey until the engines reach temp, the boat runs really well. Looks like we have a deal.

Time Out
01-16-2005, 09:39 AM
Sounds like a great boat fast as hell we will have leave two hours early to keep
up. That is if you can stop working for a day or so. We will have to work on a decoder for the gates I cant go without my friday afternoon cocktail. Can I come over and pick out my bunk ??

Russ

DOGHOUSE26
01-16-2005, 08:22 PM
Came back from codding today only to watch Charlie take the Nomad out for one last ride. We helped him dock and tie up and when I reminded Chas about the two best days in a boat owner's life he said he was seeing it from both sides right now, he leaving behind a great boat he had custom built the way he wanted it but moving up to an unbelievable ride with speed and comfort to move around in. Sad for a little while but excited about the future Nomad and what she can do. I think we're all a little envious and I know we all wish you the best of luck with your new Riv; one of the best designed and built yachts of today. You work hard Chas, find time to play hard too and enjoy you new Fish Machine, you've earned it!

I'd give Russ the bed on the other side of the generator; it might drown out his snoring.

Doghouse got on the board today with a 9.3# Boccacio from the South 9; I'll send Chas the weigh slip on 1-17-05. We also had a triple of 26" lings today; two made it back to fight another day. Reds are there you just have to search a little bit. :D

Nomad
01-17-2005, 04:39 PM
Thats a great post Jeff. I'll tell you one thing, Blackman Boats and their owners are a class act. Something you really can't understand until you experience it. To all my friends on J Dock, I'll always have Blackman blood running through my veins, just remember, the Friday margaritas will still flow, just over on E Dock now! See you on the water!

saltwaters
01-17-2005, 06:28 PM
Charlie,

Congratulations on the new boat. 'H' dock is between the 'E' and 'J' dock.

Bill

DOGHOUSE26
01-17-2005, 07:23 PM
Bill,

This is our proposed 2005 Friday Season schedule:

3:30-4:45PM - Get down and check the boat, fuel up, etc.

5:00PM SHARP - Meet Chas over at E Dock Down Under Bar for a Foster's
and those killer margaritas.

6:00-7:00 - Wander (stagger) over to H Dock 50/50 Eatery; grab
a Hamburger, Hot Dog, or fabulous Fish Tacos. Note:
A Marina restroom is strategicly located between Down
Down Under Bar and 50/50 Eatery.

7:30-? - Try to make it back to J Dock to prepare for Saturday's fishing
or call crew and cancel trip, it's so rough outside even the docks are
moving in the bay! In that case have a nightcap from the
bottomless Crossroads Cooler! :D

saltwaters
01-19-2005, 07:52 PM
Is that the plan for this Friday?

If so, I need to get off work way earlier than I am now. I'll have to make Fridays a 1/2 day.

Bill

Nomad
01-19-2005, 08:01 PM
Not sure about this Friday. Still working out the bugs on the new rig prior to closing. Hopefully soon!

DOGHOUSE26
01-19-2005, 08:33 PM
We can't do this stuff in the dark, someone (Russ) will fall off the dock and drown! By Memorial Day we'll have daylight until 7:30 PM and everyone should be ready by then. :)