PDA

View Full Version : Oil pan line x?

Dos Pelones
01-26-2005, 05:00 PM
Into the winter maintenance mode. Pulled the motor, drive and am replacing hoses, seals, bearings, bellows, etc. Chasing rust, treating and repainting engine and compartment etc. Question: Has anyone used an aftermarket bedliner product such as line-x on their oil pan or powdercoated the pulleys?
I have heard second hand of this but really do not know if it helps?
Thanks in advance for any responses.
Jorge

DOGHOUSE26
01-26-2005, 09:31 PM
I haven't but I think powder coating the pulleys would help out; a couple of years ago I pulled my motor, took off the drain pan and repaired all the rust around the edges, and repainted it. New gasket and no leaks. I just wire brushed the pulleys in place and volvo painted them, they look the same today as they did 2 years ago. I think the AD40s have stainless pans, if you can find one available.

Moo Fish
01-27-2005, 05:39 AM
Check out www.por-15.com. Stops rust cold.......RT

Dos Pelones
02-05-2005, 01:21 PM
Thanks for the comebacks. I went with the POR15. Man, that stuff dries hard. As usual, one thing leads to amother and 80 shop hours later I am just about ready to put the motor and drive back where they belong. Of course, a pan bolt broke and then the easy out broke and then it was a drill and tap operation and with the motor out the power trim was so accessible and why not and the power steering and the wiring harnesses too and paint... but its done and just in time as it looks like fishing season will be here soon!
Jorge