PDA

View Full Version : Tenacious gets inked

yellowfin1
02-09-2005, 08:28 AM
Finally got the cephalapods last night at the 9 mile bank. Nothing wide open but, we got five. Neat fishing. Used a generator and lights as well as glow in the dark jigs. I guess that is what made the difference from last time when we tried it without the generator and lights.

Scott

DOGHOUSE26
02-09-2005, 08:37 AM
Scott,

Good going ,I forgot to post rule #1 - close cabin doors when bringing squid in the boat and rule#2 - have towel on bridge to wipe ink off seat for ride home! :eek:
What time did you get out there, was it still light? Were you inside or outside the 9 :)

yellowfin1
02-09-2005, 01:05 PM
Thanks for the tips on avoiding the ink. It wasn't too messy. Didn't get out there till about 8:00 PM. The were three guys at the ramp who planned to fish the squid last night too. Unfortunately their shifting cable sheered and they could not get underway. They had a generator and lights and cold beer. So I waited for them to drive their boat home and come back , then off we went. Back at the dock at 11:00 PM. Tried a couple drifts on the inner edge of the north nine with no luck. Moved to the outer edge and metered some marks and dropped on them. Only got five but, it was pretty cool. Good luck getting them.

Scott