PDA

View Full Version : No mistake about it

sbsrf
04-28-2004, 07:40 PM
Don't mean to spew, but I must. I hope we all remember this is not about your mama. This is not about your wife. This is not about your sucking life, this is about our dreams, our passion, our reason to go on. Fishing has been a way of life for me for a long time. Its like waking up at 5am and saying F*** work I'm fishing. I'll deal with the consequence of my decision later. Similar to my love for surfing. When a 3 day southern swell is hitting, I have lost jobs because of the gut feel of missing my big chance. If I miss this my life will end. Obsession is a bitch. Perserverance is ok with me.

yellowfin1
04-29-2004, 08:01 AM
Well put Steve,

I use yo be as passionate about the surfing/fishing thing too. Family life/commitments has toned it down a bit for me though. Too bad this three day south swell was torn to pieces by a two day south wind! I still have a little of that "go for it attitude" in me. Why last week I even made the financial commitment of repowering (oooh!). I figure that the ocean has given me years of great memories, fun, and an excellent lifestyle and now it's time to share that with my boys therefore, a new engine is a must for safety, reliability and of course skurfing when the surf is flat.

Scott

sbsrf
04-29-2004, 04:42 PM
I Agree with you Scott, family does tend to control the stronger impulses. My youngest daughter graduated from college 2 years ago, and my now ex-wife decided she didn't enjoy me or my passions several years ago, so everyone is off the payroll. The south seas are calling, gotta go. By the way, I miised that whole swell also, work can get in the way of pleasure. The last time I sacraficed a job was 30 years ago, I'm past due. :confused: