PDA

View Full Version : San Clemente March 4-6

Knot Now
03-02-2005, 10:57 AM
I will be heading out to SCI for a long weekend :) if the weather holds. Any help on were to fish? I will post the results when I return.
Phil

yellowfin1
03-02-2005, 12:43 PM
Phil,

I'm green with envy. Good thing about SCI is that you can usually find a spot to get out of the WEAX unless it's really bad. I'm somewhat of a rookie out there and have only visited the island 3 times. In my limited experience, there are all kinds of opportunities for multiple species of fish in the areas around pyramid cove. The deep rocky dropoffs around China Point and swift currents in the area seem to offer a good shot at the yellows, and if you work in closer towards the kelp you should have a smorgasboard of WSB and calico. The shallow sandy and rocky areas in Pyramid cove have held lots of bait on a couple of my visits and I am sure that the halibut and possibly white seabass are in there with them. The rockfish season has just opened and the big reds are definitely available on the sam rocky drop-offs. That's all I know about the place but, I'm sure that with such little fishing pressure that there are tons of excellent spots there.

Good luck,
Scott

Moo Fish
03-02-2005, 04:52 PM
Purse Seine Rock on the front side: 32-52.35' / 118-24.73'
Take hoop nets
Fish tight to shore on the front side
Castle Rock (Nines) weather permitting

Of course, USN permitting........RT

Knot Now
03-07-2005, 08:45 AM
Went to SCI on Friday morning.
Weather was too rough for us to stay the night in MHO, so we returned.
The Knot Now ran fine, but we left the fish at the island :D
I will try it again when the weather improves.
Phil

Moo Fish
03-07-2005, 07:06 PM
Sheeeeeeet.....this is the weekend to go SCI.

RT